Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

what position will charlton finish

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Play offs. If you don't believe its not worth going

What you really want and somehow believe every Saturday morning and realistic forecasts are two completely different things, Il don on my rose tinted specs before I go to Notts on Friday
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]top six, could challenge top two only if we sign a couple of decent loanees.

Agree with this
  • Due to everyone else being as inconsistant as each other, sneak a playoff place, 6th
  • wonder what the answers would have been a week ago!
  • Most people think we will end up lower than we were when Phil Parkinson was manager.

So, most people think changing manager was a mistake?

Strange times we live in !!!!!!!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]I will be very disappointed if we don't make the play-offs, but rather surprised if we managed an automatic spot.[/quote]

Im with the Stig meister on this one!
  • Playoff spot. Probably 5th or 6th.
  • I think we'll make a play off slot but not sure which. Starting to give up on Automatic - Before Hartlepool game I was thinking Automatic 25%, Play Offs 70% -Outside 5%, now I am thinking Automatic 5%, Play Offs 65%, Outside 30%.
  • Masicat - it's always been about which players we'd bring in and i was hoping fora bit of a revolution as i've never felt this side is good enough to go up. So far, we've tinkered a bit and if nothing substantial happens in the loan market next week then i can just see us petering out into mid table. Parkinson was restricted in who he could bring in admittedly but i was still hoping a new broom would sort the fundamentals out witha bit of backing.
  • Sponsored links:

• We have the combination of some excellent players (at this level) and some that are quite average. We have some excellent players on the bench and a good starting point might be to find a formation that allows us to have a many excelent players and as few average ones in the starting 11 as possible.

This is how I see it - ability and potential wise:

Well above average - Semedo, Racon, Reid, Anyinsah, Eccleston, BWP

Above average - Elliot, Francis, Dailly, Doc, Waggy, JJ, Benson, Possibly Bessone (need to see more of him)

Average - Fry, Solley, Jenkinson (both have potential to be much higher but not there yet), McCormack, Abbott, Worner, Llera

I know we can dispute this and I have done this quickly so may have missed somebody but it would suggest that defensively we need to improve. That is what Powell needs to address and if he gets that right we could have a decent side.
  • 9th or 10th, where I predicted us to be at the start.
  • edited February 2011
    Play-offs for us. Leeds will go up to the Prem.
  • edited February 2011
    This is how I see it to end:

1st. Brighton
    2nd. Southampton
    ------------------------
    3rd. Huddersfield
    4th. Bournemouth
    5th. Charlton
    6th. Peterborough

Huddersfield Town v Charlton Athletic : Play-off Final, Old Trafford.
  • Come on Sage live up to your name.Who wins the final?
  • 1st. Southampton
    2nd. Huddersfield
    3rd. Brighton
    4th. Bournemouth
    5th. Peterborough
    6th. Charlton

With us sneaking back into the playoffs on the last day
  • Sponsored links:

• Happyvalley:
    I see it going into extra time with a cagey opening half hour and going in 1-0 down at half time. Powell has an inspirational talk in the dressing room and we come out looking like a new team. 2-1 up with 14mins left and Rhodes gets an equaliser with 8mins to go. Extra time starts and Reid, who had came off the bench recieves the ball from Semedo and takes on their right back, whips a cross in and Bradley Wright-Phillips nods in the winner just before the end of the first half in extra time. 3-2 and we're hanging on. Classic game, just like Wembley against Sunderland.

Oh how we can dream.. But you never know ;-)

Scorers:
    Huddersfield - Roberts, Rhodes
    Charlton - Doherty, Jackson (FK), BWP.
  • 6th (just)