Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Powell steps up loan search

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8865407.Powell_steps_up_loan_search/

Comments

• 2 loans coming in after the notts county match - do not know who or what.

This means that they will be available for the whole of the rest of the season including play offs.
  • correct. and it will be a striker and an attacking midfielder, i believe.
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]correct. and it will be a striker and an attacking midfielder, i believe.

not sure a striker is what we need
  • yeah, whisper in the Boardroom last week was that it would be an attacking CM and a target man. Since then though Abbott has performed ok and if it were me and we could only get two loanees in I'd prefer a pacy centre half.
  • A Playmaker is a must someone to dictate the tempo, really be the driving force in midfield.

I don't want to take a pop, well as for a Target Man we won't get any better when what we had last season in Deon Burton shame that people slagged him off and didn't rate him, look what we have now. To partner a fast striker like Wright-Phillips we need a Player to win balls hold up with a good first touch. Abbott isn't quite up to that, Isn't Benson's game he is a poacher plays of the last defender only leaves Anysinsah when fit.
  • A targetman wouldn't be a bad thing, I don't think the balance of strikers is quite right at the moment. It would probably mean we have one striker to many, unless Powell plans to keep experimenting with 4-3-3. Could mean Benson goes out on loan.

Clearly need a creative midfielder. They don't even have to be a central midfielder, Andy Reid often played out wide for us and we don't have an alternative to Wagstaff (Eccleston's more a striker).

A centre back coming in would probably mean Fortune or Llera going out on loan. There's not room for both on the bench with everyone fit, can't imagine either would be happy being 5th choice. Powell also mentioned youngsters getting a chance, Mambo isn't out on loan so might be considered good enough as cover.
  • Don't think we need a striker.

Ecclestone and BWP have shown they can score and create chances, Abbott I thought did well Saturday and last Saturday and Ayinsah and Benson have both scored goals this season.
  • Thank god for CM, but a striker, really? We need a centre back!
  • [cite]Posted By: AddickRam[/cite] To partner a fast striker like Wright-Phillips we need a Player to win balls hold up with a good first touch. Abbott isn't quite up to that.

Thought that during the 1st half in particular, Abbott done well at holding up play and winning flick ons but others were too far away from him and not looking for the short ball.
  • edited February 2011
    Dare I suggest one may be a GK? As cover like Warner last year.

Not saying I believe Robbie should be dropped as am still a fan and believe Sat was just one of those games for him. But if his injuries strike again, can we rely on Worner for the run in.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AddickRam[/cite]A Playmaker is a must someone to dictate the tempo, really be the driving force in midfield.

I don't want to take a pop, well as for a Target Man we won't get any better when what we had last season in Deon Burton shame that people slagged him off and didn't rate him, look what we have now. To partner a fast striker like Wright-Phillips we need a Player to win balls hold up with a good first touch. Abbott isn't quite up to that, Isn't Benson's game he is a poacher plays of the last defender only leaves Anysinsah when fit.

Echo the point about Burton - Abbott has done OK but kept thinking on Saturday that had it been Burton up there he would have held the ball up far better - had a great first touch and was really strong and able to shrug off centre backs far bigger than him - didn't score enough but would have been great alongside BWP or even Benson - unfortunately he had to partner Mooney, McLeod or Sodje!
  • We need a Centre Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Belgian and a moroccan
  • i understand the Bostock deal is still a possibility, we havent got him yet as require him for play offs! As for the moroccan...El Kahkouri to return????
  • [cite]Posted By: davy macaddick[/cite]i understand the Bostock deal is still a possibility, we havent got him yet as require him for play offs! As for the moroccan...El Kahkouri to return????

I approve of both of these signings