Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Name the two players you realistically want to come in on loan

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
No lists, no either/or, no maybes or Messi/Rooneyesque silliness

Just two named players you want Powell to bring in to boost the squad

Comments

• Options
    Andy Reid ... although I doubt Blackpool will release him from his loan
  • Options
    John Bostock and Jeffrey Bruma (although, he may already be out on loan)
  • Options
    Ross McCormack and Ignasi Miquel
  • Options
    Thomas Ince & Steven Irwin from Liverpool.
  • Options
    problem with this sort of question is that we don't know who is kicking around in PL or Championship squads and who is actually available. We need a Brian Howard type in midfield but I have no idea where he is now and if he is available.
  • Options
    Billy Knott (sunderland)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]problem with this sort of question is that we don't know who is kicking around in PL or Championship squads and who is actually available. We need a Brian Howard type in midfield but I have no idea where he is now and if he is available.

Reading. In their first team so no chance with that one.
  • Options
    Anyone else from plymouth worth looking at? Loan then transfer in august.
  • Options
    Nicky Bailey and Ross McCormack/Gary McSheffrey
  • Options
    John Eustace (Watford) and Andy Reid (Blackpool)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why Andy Reid from Blackpool, didn't he just sign for them in January, is he out of favour already
  • Options
    Kári Árnason-From Plymouth, looked dangerous against us, has a long throw and is versitile.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]Why Andy Reid from Blackpool, didn't he just sign for them in January, is he out of favour already

A theory that he was brought in to replace Charlie Adam - don't know whether he or John Eustace would be available but i've tried to stay in the parameters of the question.
  • Options
    I garee, we can't know but as Chelsea have been knoced out the cup - maybe we should look at some of their up and coming players. The problem is that good premiership youngsters are targets for Championship clubs and we don't have that draw in league 1. I'm sure the difficulty in getting his targets is down to Powell setting his sights high, which is the right policy IMO.
  • Options
    John Bostock and Jordan Spence ( West Ham )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GRAY9[/cite]Ross McCormack and Ignasi Miquel

Miquel is a good shout - I hadn't heard of him before Sunday. How about the Exeter centreback (the black one) on loan with a clause to buy him at the end of the season? I thought he looked the sort not to take prisoners.
  • Options
    Of course there would be worries over his knees, but what about Michael Kightly? I guess he'd be more likely to get a Championship club but you never know.
  • Options
    Michael Johnson at Man City

Sean McGinty at Man Utd
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]Why Andy Reid from Blackpool, didn't he just sign for them in January, is he out of favour already

As far as I know he is only on loan there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Of course there would be worries over his knees, but what aboutMichael Kightly? I guess he'd be more likely to get a Championship club but you never know.

Have a laugh... that man is pure quality.

[cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Michael Johnson at Man City

Sean McGinty at Man Utd

Yes please... is McGinty ready to step up now then you recon?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Of course there would be worries over his knees, but what aboutMichael Kightly? I guess he'd be more likely to get a Championship club but you never know.

That's why I want us to sign him :) Only suggested him as that article states he's most likely to go out on loan to get games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

As far as I know he is only on loan there

Think he signed permanent, £500k for a short term deal I believe. No chance of him dropping this far down anyway unfortunately.
  • Options
    David Noble of Exeter dominated the midfield on Saturday. Granted we allowed him space to play by not playing anyone up against him, but he used the ball very well. Ex- Arsenal Youth (alongside Jerome Thomas in their Youth Cup winning team), West Ham & Bristol City. Take him on loan with a view to a permanent signing. Clubs like Exeter always need the money, and he's an improvement on what we've got.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]

[cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Michael Johnson at Man City

Sean McGinty at Man Utd

Yes please... is McGinty ready to step up now then you recon?

Well if he's ever going to be ready he's going to have to start at League One level, doubt United would want him playing L2 if they really rate him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]John Bostock and Jordan Spence ( West Ham )

These two seem the most realistic as most others appears to be regulars in their current first teams.

Is Spence injured though as couldn't find any record of him playing this season?

[cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Kári Árnason-From Plymouth, looked dangerous against us, has a long throw and is versitile.

Good call. How about Seip? Never got a game under Parky but any Argyle player is likely to be available now.
  • Options
    Danny Mill and Eddie Youds. I think they could really make a difference to our team between now and the end of the season...

I think Michael Johnson and John Bostock are worth a go as is Jordan Spence. The are exactly what we need.

John Eustace is a good player but I'm not sure he is what we need right now.

Where is Michael Tonge at the moment?
  • Options
    Is Spence injured though as couldn't find any record of him playing this season?

I think Spence played for their reserves against Chelsea last week .

I wondered whether Wham would let him come to us as we already have Fry and Spence could potentially limit Fry's opportunities.
  • Options
    I didn't post this ( promise ) but this just came up on Football Rumours .

22 Feb 2011 16:12:35

Sc**thorpe are keen to reprise Jordan Spence's successful loan spell with the Iron but West Ham are unwilling to let him return until a number of injuries have cleared up.

United also face competition from West Ham's near neighbour Charlton. Former Hammers reserve team coach Alex Dyer is now with the Addicks and wants to bring the England U21 international to the Valley.
  • Options
    nobody and nobody

we have plenty of quality players do get the job done, probably the stongest squad in league one. No need to bring in another face to mess up the chemistry we had going before we started going with new faces. It just goes to show that when you throw 3 strikers up front for the first time all season in front of the largest home crowd in years, that is recipe for disaster. Lets keep the squad we have now, make some needed adjustments within the line up and get promoted!

we dont need another CB - just move Fry inside. Solly is close to being fit and we can move Jenkinson around if needed.
    we dont need another CM - Racon somehow is getting benched after having one of his best seasons in charlton red. Put racon back in!
    we dont need antoher ST - Benson is not even making the final 16 and Anyinsah is quality. Eccelstone, Abbott, BWP, Benson, Anyinsah... all great players!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]probably the stongest squad in league one.
    Really? People said the same last season and I didn't/don't agree, certainly don't think we have this year.