Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs that will let me watch fridays game even though im not 18....

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Hi everyone. Basically i dont have sky and i cant make it to nottingham on friday. Now for most of you theres an easy solution in that you'll go to a local pub/bar to watch the game. When you're only 16 like me i find that there are many places which dont let you in unless you can prove you're over 18 (i've got a crappy international driving license that says im 2 years older but its not worth losing). So i was wondering if you could recommend a place for me and a couple of mates to watch the game on friday that's around the charlton area. We actually all live in essex but dont particularly want to watch the game in some cramped bar surrounded by loud west ham fans. So would anyone be willing to tell me if theres such a place where there will be fellow addicks on friday to watch the game with? Oh, and is it a place that will actually let me in? (I look my age, no older).
Many thanks. COYR.

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps a goals 5-a-side centre with a bar?
  • Options
    1. Its Charlton, its live on the telly, Its going to be rubbish. You'll learn this with age.
    2. Its really not worth travelling from different counties to watch on a screen
    3. Surely one of your mates parents must have Sky ? All chip in a fiver and send the parents down the local Harvester for a couple of hours
    4. You'll be able to see the game via live feeds over the net which people on here will post links to
    5. As said above, find a local goals centre and phone them before hand to see if they will be showing it in their bar.
  • Options
    Ok as far as I am aware you are over 14 which is the legal age for entering a pub on your own without an over 18. Plus at 16 you can drink Beer and Cider if you are sitting down and eating and with an over 18! Not sure about how that would hold up if you just go in, in this day and age. But if you are only having a soft drink most places will not even bat an eyelid. Perhaps some other on here are meeting up in a good Pub that you could tag along with if they are well know by the Land Lord?
  • Options
    floyds and drink soft drinks
  • Options
    thanks for your help. Perhaps im still young and naive, but i was desperate to go to this game, and now the only option(enjoyable option) i really have is to watch it in a bar/pub.
    It's only 30mins on the train, and dont worry we'd only want a screen to watch it on, not going for the alcohol.
  • Options
    depending on where you are in Essex you could try a golf club within a hotel etc which has a bar as they normally have Sky, such as The Essex Golf & Country club nr Sothend - they should let you in.
  • Options
    I honestly think the best option is decide who has the best internet connection and stream it. No travelling time, no travelling expenses, sort a couple of cans out and bob's your uncle. Pubs are crap to watch "your" team in, particularly if you don't support one of the in vogue teams.
  • Options
    Go into a pub, don't buy a drink. Unless a pub has doorman they're unlikely to come and ask you for ID
  • Options
    Try pubs in bexleyheath , you will proberly be the oldest in some of them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Go into a pub, don't buy a drink.

That's what the locals do in Peckham & New Cross!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No-one has suggested bartrams - is it not on in there? Seems we might be missing a trick if not
  • Options
    Floyds and Bartram’s are the same thing, I’m pretty sure it will be on in there, not entirely sure who would go down there on a non-match day though ?
  • Options
    You'd think for away Sky games.

If not, they're missing a trick as said above.
  • Options
    Don't know where in Essex you're from, but Goals have centres in Dagenham and Chingford.
  • Options
    I live in upminster and I may be watching it in the essex yoeman which is next to upminster station, if i dont end up watchig it somehwere in the city. If you go in there with confidence that you are over 18, i rekon you will be ok.
  • Options
    The Rose of Denmark in Charlton is a typical local pub, as in they allow children with families in, dont see why you guys would be a problem.
    Only thing I'll say is, as soneone who has worked in a couple of pubs, dont be loud, dont act as if you own the place and dont turn up drunk or with the notion that they will sell you alcohol.
    They will know you're underage but if you're all nice young men people will be more willing to turn a blind eye.
  • Options
    Find a suitable local pub (probably not in a town centre on a Friday) that will be showing it and ring them before hand. Tell them how old you are and how many of you there will be and that you don't want to try and buy alcohol you all just want somewhere to watch the game and have a few soft drinks. If you are upfront with them about your age and warn them you are coming then I don't see why they'd have any cause to doubt your motives for going to the pub. If any of you did try to buy booze you've already warned them that they shouldn't sell it to any of you and the mere fact you've rung to ask permission to come would suggest you aren't a bunch of hoodlums, so what kind of risk would they be taking admitting you?

If they still won't let you in I'd say a busines like that doesn't deserve your custom anyway and try to find somewhere else. really doesn't seem worth the effort of travelling outside your local area to watch it.
  • Options
    http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=football

is all you need, can stream most things off there
  • Options
    Re Bartrams, I just don’t think that that many people would trek down to the Valley to watch a game on Sky ? Most of our support don’t live in Charlton and it’s a long way to go to watch it on Bartrams quite frankly appalling screen ? We’d only be missing a trick if there was significant demand to justify opening for it, I’m not really sure there would be ?
  • Options
    Will most likely be on in the Con and Lib clubs if they will let you in.