Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton miss out on Harrow striker

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
CHARLTON boss Chris Powell has missed out on Troy Hewitt - with the Harrow Borough striker poised to sign for QPR this week.

The 21-year-old was also a target for Palace manager Dougie Freedman but Neil Warnock was expected to wrap up a deal for him to join the Championship leaders in the next couple of days.

Powell said: “Hewitt was a player who came on our radar but lots of clubs have seen him - I knew about him when I was at Leicester - and I think he has chosen a Championship club.

“So the search continues. He was going to be one for the future but that isn’t going to happen now. I’ve still got over a month left before the emergency loan window ends but I want to do something sooner rather than later."

Comments

• Options
    Bring back Johansson!
  • Options
    Would have been the new Chris Dickson.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Uboat[/cite]Would have been the new Chris Dickson.
    #

Hopefully better than the old one
  • Options
    Does this confirm that we are indeed after another striker? I was sure defence and midfield would be the priority.
  • Options
    Are we the man city of league one??
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Mmm a Charlton manager who likes lots of strikers on his books, haven't had one of those for a while.
  • Options
    Don't say it harvey...
  • Options
    Wot a shame ;-(
  • Options
    He said he was one for the future anyway so doesn't mean he wants one for now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking at strikers doesn't mean we are not looking at strengthening other areas of the team.
  • Options
    I think you will find that we are looking for young prospects for the future, whatever their position. I believe that this Club is on a mission, and its starting to get me a bit excited. I had better be careful at my age.