Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who will leave in the summer

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Regardless of which division we are in next season who do you think will leave this summer

Obviously Loanees Fry, Bessone (possibly) @NE39

Doherty
Daily
Racon
Llerra
Benson
Abbott
McCormack

Comments

• Options
    Think Solly could go myself, for no other reason than we have 2 young right backs and Francis, so chances are 1 will leave. Solly and Carl are both young and will be after the same shirt, similar situation to Randolph and Robbie last summer.
  • Options
    If we don't go up Semedo and Racon may well go.
  • Options
    If we go up... Abbott docherty and dailly. If we don't racon bwp wagstaff. If semedo goes I will cry.
  • Options
    Me - if I have to sit through many more performances like the ones against Walsall, Swindon, Exeter!
  • Options
    Second that, If Semedo goes I will cry and feel heartbroken!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Sage[/cite]Second that, If Semedo goes I will cry and feel heartbroken!

I'd be gutted if Semedo went, the guy is already a legend in my eyes.....huge man crush, lol
  • Options
    He kisses the badge. He'll never leave. FACT
  • Options
    DEFO. I love that man to bits and I am sooo excited about meeting him on Thursday! He loves this club, he loves our fans, I can't see him leave no matter what league we're in.

SEMEDO OHH, SEMEDO OHH..
  • Options
    Abbott
    Benson
    Docherty
    Eccleston
    Fortune
    Fry
    Llera
    Racon
    Solly
    Worner
  • Options
    Racon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Docherty, Benson, Abbott and Worner will still be under contract I think (definately Doc and Benno anyway) so can't see any of them leaving. Be mad to let Solly go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stackitsteve[/cite]Think Solly could go myself, for no other reason than we have 2 young right backs and Francis, so chances are 1 will leave. Solly and Carl are both young and will be after the same shirt, similar situation to Randolph and Robbie last summer.

But Solly can also play as a defensive centre midfielder. Would be good for him to go out on loan to play in this position rather than as a RB so he can gain some much needed positional experience.
  • Options
    I'd say it will have a lot to do with what division we find ourselves in.

Also, several of the players mentioned may well be persuaded to stay (if they're wanted) under the new ownership/management.
  • Options
    If West Ham go down, I think they'll want Fry back. However if they somehow stay up I'd like to see us try and sign him permanently.

I think Benson would feel a bit hard done by if we ditched him in the summer, surely his Charlton career isn't over already is it?
  • Options
    I think we can do better than Fry as a left back and a centre half.
  • Options
    I am expecting a major overhaul of the squad this Summer. I feel sure that the aim will be to put together a squad that can compete in the Championship, whether its next season or the one after. I am not expecting the new owners to throw money around like confetti, but if they are seriously wealthy as Richard Murray suggests then I would expect investment not only in the squad but also in the Academy which is going to be so important to us.
    Why not Solly as a cover for Semedo, his height would not be a problem in that role. I am assuming that CP is at this moment working hard to bring in crucial loans.
  • Options
    At least this summer it doesn't look like we'll have the worry of having to sell our best players.

Semedo and Racon are out of contract so if Powell wants them both to stay he'll offer them new deals, Semedo I can see accepting...Racon I think will if he stays in the team.
  • Options
    What about Youga? Or has he already gone?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Zinedine Bagheri[/cite]What about Youga? Or has he already gone?

Nah - he's still injured and on the wage bill! His contract is up in the summer too - don't think we'll see him in a Charlton shirt again.