Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well done the Directors.

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
We should acknowledge the reduction in season ticket prices for next season, including the new opportunity to spread the cost over four months. After the Exeter game it seems obvious that they are determined to fill the Ground as soon as possible as part of the plan to take us back to the top. I would imagine that most of us fell in love with the experience of a live football match as a child. Therefore it makes sense to do Kids for a fiver, because of every 100 kids that you get in a good percentage of them will be hooked for life. Good marketing is essential to most companies these days, so keep it up Michael Slater and co !

Comments

• Options
    hear hear!
  • Options
    Absolutely. Inventive and forward thinking. I would be willing to bet very few other clubs are doing this. With the squeeze on supporters personal spending power over the next few years it might be inspirational.
  • Options
    And tough luck to those who bought a 5 year season ticket who now find they've paid £50 more for next season than if they had waited? They knew the risks I guess.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]And tough luck to those who bought a 5 year season ticket who now find they've paid £50 more for next season than if they had waited? They knew the risks I guess.[/quote]

I understand your point, however if we get promoted the ST prices will rise and if we get to the prem again, they will rise again, so those that bought the 5 year tickets wont pay any extra. We all take chances with our money I guess.
  • Options
    ST prices have dropped by £50 already Greenie. Regardless of division next year.
  • Options
    sorry to be pedantic: but actually I think that price drop is not guaranteed after the special pricing period, and may or may not rise if we win promotion
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]And tough luck to those who bought a 5 year season ticket who now find they've paid £50 more for next season than if they had waited? They knew the risks I guess.[/quote]

I assume the 5yr deal is still better than the new season ticket offer and as said above season tickets in the following 3 years will likely go up some way. Also those dedicated enough to buy for 5 yrs will probably (in the whole) be happy to have a better experience with more fans and hopefully a better team. The new owners may have made the 5yr deal less attractive but without them it would have been a terrible deal (ie no footy club to watch for 4 of those 5 years becasue we were going bust).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Absolutely. Inventive and forward thinking. I would be willing to bet very few other clubs are doing this. With the squeeze on supporters personal spending power over the next few years it might be inspirational.

I believe Tranmere are doing £5 any ticket this weekend - maybe itll catch on
  • Options
    It's until the 4th April.