Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Should we be worried about Nathan Ecclestone?

I have started "following" some of our players on Twitter, in the vain hope of getting some inside view of the team. Most of the players tweet about football matches on TV or DVDs that they've seen or want others views on. Nathan Ecclestone's tweets are rather different. He started a while ago complaining that he was bored living in a hotel room away from home.

yesterday he started becoming philosophical:

NE39 Nathan Eccleston
No such thing as perfect it just doesn't exist !!
17 hours ago

NE39 Nathan Eccleston
Somthing's that appear to be perfect isn't what it seems..
17 hours ago

NE39 Nathan Eccleston
You could have all the money in the world an be the most lonely person in the world, You could seem to have it all when really have nothing
17 hours ago

and last night:

NE39 Nathan Eccleston
Lol my tweets may seem deep and emotional but its fact.. Someones perfection is another persons imperfection
16 hours ago

NE39 Nathan Eccleston
Haha I'm gonna stop with the tweets give my mind a rest !! #farewell
16 hours ago

didn't like the look of the #farewell

and this morning

NE39 Nathan Eccleston
David or Garlaith Hate Me or Admire Kush Burns Slow As I Chase My Desire Embrace My Empire...
1 hour ago

Will someone tell me that he's winding us all up or something! I'm a bit worried about a twenty year old away from home, bored and missing his family writing such things. Is this a cry for help. If so who will help?

Comments

• Options
    See the Twitter thread. None of us know him so you shouldn't jump to conclusions over a few 140 character tweets.

#farewell probably means goodnight!
  • Options
    I hope he hasn't been given the penthouse!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: otherwarwickaddick[/cite]I have started "following" some of our players on Twitter, in the vain hope of getting some inside view of the team. Most of the players tweet about football matches on TV or DVDs that they've seen or want others views on. Nathan Ecclestone's tweets are rather different. He started a while ago complaining that he was bored living in a hotel room away from home.

yesterday he started becoming philosophical:

NE39 Nathan Eccleston
    No such thing as perfect it just doesn't exist !!
    17 hours ago

NE39 Nathan Eccleston
    Somthing's that appear to be perfect isn't what it seems..
    17 hours ago

NE39 Nathan Eccleston
    You could have all the money in the world an be the most lonely person in the world, You could seem to have it all when really have nothing
    17 hours ago

and last night:

NE39 Nathan Eccleston
    Lol my tweets may seem deep and emotional but its fact.. Someones perfection is another persons imperfection
    16 hours ago

NE39 Nathan Eccleston
    Haha I'm gonna stop with the tweets give my mind a rest !! #farewell
    16 hours ago

didn't like the look of the #farewell

and this morning

NE39 Nathan Eccleston
    David or Garlaith Hate Me or Admire Kush Burns Slow As I Chase My Desire Embrace My Empire...
    1 hour ago

Will someone tell me that he's winding us all up or something! I'm a bit worried about a twenty year old away from home, bored and missing his family writing such things. Is this a cry for help. If so who will help?

Perhaps he was pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    He posted a picture of an aerobics class at the Mariott the other day - must be bored!

You'd think someone would invite him out / round. Has Scotty Wagstaff not go his own place or anything..?
  • Options
    I did wonder whether he was pissed or otherwise inebriated, but still - pissed, stoned, alone. worrying.
  • Options
    the last one is lyrics to a song. The earlier ones are probably related to a bird.

Middle aged people are trying to analyse and decipher the thoughts of an 18yr old, lets just leave him be.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]the last one is lyrics to a song. The earlier ones are probably related to a bird.

Middle aged people are trying to analyse and decipher the thoughts of an 18yr old, lets just leave him be.

what a good idea!
  • Options
    I think if he is lonely it is an opportunity - we could use it as leverage with Liverpool to bring one of his mates down to keep him company - preferably a decent midfielder or left back.
  • Options
    Id be sad if i was on £@#! a week playing football for one the biggest clubs in the world (charlton not liverpool ha) and staying in a hotel all expenses paid!
  • Options
    Ok AFKA and thanks for the middle aged! :-) Though I can still remember, just, (dementia not quite yet settling in), having such thoughts at that age but without the sort of pressure he may be under.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's stuck in the Thistle at Brands Hatch now, I think.

Tough for the kid, but he could have got a short term let
  • Options
    20. Good looking. Minted. Footballer for a living. Staying in a decentish hotel in one of the world's best cities.

Im gutted for him. Not exactly front line Afghanistan is it.

He's probably just bored off his tits..

Try this.... spice up that hotel stay
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Id be sad if i was on £@#! a week playing football for one the biggest clubs in the world (charlton not liverpool ha) and staying in a hotel all expenses paid!

Whilst you make some very good points, it can be very lonely working away from your family and friends at a young age.

Having a lot of money dosen't always mean happiness (although obviously rich and sad is better than poor and sad).
  • Options
    @ otherwarwickaddick

think you need to get out more mate !
  • Options
    Good looking?
  • Options
    Brands Hatch Thistle is a quality hotel, lucky sod.

Am with RCT on this one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]20. Good looking.

I think we've found you a partner Nath...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]20. Good looking.

I think we've found you a partner Nath...

Unfortunately not but if i did meet the lad I'd kick him up the backside and tell him to get out on the town and meet some ladies rather than sitting on twitter.

Christ man you are a young, pro footballer, working away and staying in top hotels....social media is not the way to spend your time....it's for us sad old bastards.

Get out there and start smashing then youll have something to tweet about lad.
  • Options
    I agree mate. The other youngsters must do SOMETHING socially
  • Options
    ill take him under my wing, introduce him to some bexleyheath sloshers. fella wont be able to walk let alone play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]@ otherwarwickaddick

think you need to get out more mate ![/quote]

You're probably - no definitely - right, but as RodneyCharlton says not as much as Nathan does.
  • Options
    the lad needs to go out for a good ruby and a few pints.
  • Options
    If he was out, there would be outrage that he'd dared to leave the hotel after the result on Saturday!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]the last one is lyrics to a song. The earlier ones are probably related to a bird.

This. Chill out and move on.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]the last one is lyrics to a song. The earlier ones are probably related to a bird.

Middle aged people are trying to analyse and decipher the thoughts of an 18yr old, lets just leave him be.[/quote]

This. Chill out and move on.[/quote]

Just googles the lyrics and the song is Valley of Death!? Morbid reference or Floyd Road reference?
  • Options
    Has anyone thought of welcoming him to the CL community - you can while away hours on here.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Athletico Charlton[/cite]Has anyone thought of welcoming him to the CL community - you can while away hours on here.

I believe he is aware of this place
  • Options
    I wouldn't read too much into his tweets, he's a kid who's away from the home for the first time and no doubt pretty bored once training is over. Anyone who has done a fair amount of living/travelling in hotels on their own will tell you how boring it is after the first couple of days.
  • Options
    Would people rather he be out night clubbing and getting into trouble like some young footballers?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [quote][cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Id be sad if i was on £@#! a week playing football for one the biggest clubs in the world (charlton not liverpool ha) and staying in a hotel all expenses paid![/quote]

Whilst you make some very good points, it can be very lonely working away from your family and friends at a young age.

Having a lot of money dosen't always mean happiness (although obviously rich and sad is better than poor and sad).[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]

Having a lot of money dosen't always mean happiness (although obviously rich and sad is better than poor and sad).[/quote]

Southampton addick makes a very good point. I bet if any of you had played football at a high level, were young
    and away from your family and friends, you would be lonely and undoubtedly bored after training if you are trying to
    be professional and not go out partying and drinking. Being paid a decent wage doesn't make the perfect life.