Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pat Stanton

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Some of you may have seen or known little Pat from Wellingborough, sadly she passed away from the complications of lung cancer. She sat in the North stand towards the NW quad. Hardly missed a home game, always went to see her mum in Kidbrooke before the game. Myself and Ms Lat made her acquaintance after meeting her on the platform at Wellingborough station nigh on 10 years ago. we were all proudly wearing our home shirts on the way to a game. It turns out she had quite a following on the 6pm train home from St Pancras to Wellingborough from fans from other clubs. Rest in peace Pat always had time for me, Ms Lat, my Dad and Ms Lat's mate Nick a true Charlton fan, fittingly she had Red Red Robin playing as we went into the Crem today at Kettering.

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    That isn't the lady who does the away coaches is it?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Didn't know the lady, personally but condolences go to her family. RIP
  • Options
    It's always sad to hear of the passing of an Addick and she sounds like one of the best with it too. Thoughts go out to her family and friends.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]It's always sad to hear of the passing of an Addick and she sounds like one of the best with it too. Thoughts go out to her family and friends.

indeed, well said Bournemouth
  • Options
    I travelled with Pat to matches regularly for several seasons from the mid nineties. From Kettering & Wellingborough it was considerably cheaper to get a ticket from Bedford where the Network card kicked in. Often Pat would go to Bedford in advance to save the hassle of queueing on match days.

I remember going to Bolton for the cup quarter final when Pat's couson picked us up from Watford Gap. We had a real nightmare trip to Ipswich once. I picked Pat up to catch the train from Peterborough. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong on that trip....and we lost. After a 4-1 thrashing at Elland Road in our first Premiership season we had to divert via Kettering General on the way home as she had bought my new born grandson an outfit.

As the years went by we lost touch as friends started to go again & I went by car more often. Nothing would tempt Pat off that train!

I last saw her at Kenilworth Road a few years back, when the lure of catching a glimpse of Rommedahl for the first time, drew us to a pre-season friendly.

She loved meeting her cousin for a pre-match meal in the Valley Cafe before a game. Pat hated it when night shift at Weetabix stopped her going to a match. Pat had a heart of gold & was an absolute diamond.

RIP sweetheart, thanks for the companionship & all the memories.
  • Options
    RIP - She sounds like she was a great character .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Pat.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Lovely memories Red God. Some lady! RIP
  • Options
    My thoughts are with the family. Love the choice of music which I have also asked my family for, although I perhaps went too far when I asked for a Red Robin on the top of the coffin waving goodbye ! We all have to go sometime, but if we can do it with the warmth of feelings that Pat achieved we've done alright.