Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Human Planet

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Haven't seen a thread on this, anybody else been watching it?
I keep thinking about the 3 tribesmen who nonchalantly walked up to a pride of lions, spooking them so they ran off, whilst the 3 of them calmly pinched half of their kill. Then they just walked with all the lions looking on in bewilderment! Stunning.
One of the most incredible things I think I have ever seen, takes some real bottle to do that, and I think one of the blokes was in his 60's!
That and the episode where 2 people were hunting for an Icelandic shark 800 metres under the ice, and the bird that directs 2 young kids to a bee hive, all in all it is an amazing insight to the diversity of human experience.
Innit? :-)

Comments

• Options
    I enjoyed the dad who lowered his son down the side of a cliff with a bit of old rope to steal a baby eagle. Then they trained it to catch foxes.

Mental.
  • Options
    Have this coming on Bluray from Amazon today. Haven't had a chance to catch any on BBC yet. Can't wait.
  • Options
    I found it entertaining when the two fella's were talking and he said something like "my wife is angry, she has had no honey" so im imagining her to be winnie the pooh or something. Next thing he is climbing this tree the size of North Stand to steal honey comb from a bee hive, getting stung to sh*t just so he can give his wife some honey.

Now if that was me, and im sure most other fellas in England, id be telling her to go and get her own god damn honey
  • Options
    That was a bit bigger than the North Stand mate! He was above the canopy of the rainforest, if I remember correctyl, unbelievable.

I liked the treehouse people personally
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sinking feesh[/cite]That was a bit bigger than the North Stand mate! He was above the canopy of the rainforest, if I remember correctyl, unbelievable.

I liked the treehouse people personally

There you go then, even worse! I was going to say Canary Wharf but then i thought maybe thats too big. Still that tree was HUGE to climb just to get the missus some honeycomb
  • Options
    Brilliant programme.
    the blokes in canoes hunting whales.
    the chopping down of trees so bats think its a shortcut only to fly into a massive net.
    the mongolians chasing wild horses for their milk.
  • Options
    But VG - that is about a forthcoming program.
    This is about the program once aired.

Consider that one the Pre Match PREVIEW,POLLS,VIEWS and News thread, and this one the Post match views thread.....
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    the one a few weeks ago who climbed up a 200 foot tree, broke into a bees nest, full of bees, and brought the honeycomb back down for his wife and kids. Bet he was aloud to watch the football that night.
  • Options
    The guys who stole the lions dinner in particular were unbelievable. Anyone who says all TV is rubbish these days should be made sit through the whole series of this and the Wonders Of the Solar System.

Honourable mention goes the programme on Sunday nights about swapping jobs with someone else in the third world e.g driving buses in Manila, etc. Really quite moving stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The lengths that the camera crew have to go to to get some footage is astonishing too. Very good programme.
  • Options
    Amazing programme. Life was another good one. The camera crews are just brilliant.
  • Options
    Was anybody else hoping to catch a glimpse of the camera ladies chebs when she stripped off to fit in with the tribe?

No? Just me then
  • Options
    last nights episode with the people that made bridges from the roots of fig trees absolutely blew my mind. so clever.
  • Options
    Imagine that walk to school!