Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options

I thought he had already been involved in CACT for quite a while now.
  • Options
    what's the gist? Can't access the new os from work.
  • Options
    Copy and Paste:

Charlton Community Trust chairman Roger Godsiff has announced the appointment of four new trust ambassadors, including Addicks legend Richard Rufus.

The appointments of Paul Dunn, Peter Gilroy, Rufus and Steve Sutherland are in recognition of the outstanding contribution they have made to the trust over a long period of time.

The new appointees bring a variety of qualities to the organisation.

Dunn has extensive experience with the Metropolitan Police and a wide knowledge of legislation and crime reduction matters, while former Kent County Council chief executive Gilroy has worked closely with the trust to deliver a range of progressive social inclusion programmes across the county.
    Article continues
    Advertisement

Three-time Charlton player of the year Rufus spent his entire career at The Valley, and has always given his time and commitment to support the club's community operation and to engage with young people.

Sutherland, the club's former commercial director, played an important role in establishing the trust and is currently chairman of the women's and girls football committee and vice-chairman of the Street Violence Ruins Lives campaign committee.

Godsiff said: "My fellow trustees and I greatly value the fantastic support received from partners and individuals that has been instrumental to the growth of the trust.

"The appointment of the ambassadors is to recognise and thank them all for their outstanding contribution and consistent support of the work of the trust and individual projects over recent years.

"The ambassadors will act as advocates for programmes and initiatives and will use their expertise to assist the continued growth, development and success of community projects. We are delighted to have them officially on board with us."
  • Options
    cheers Stu
  • Options
    If only he had brought his boots with him!
  • Options
    I honestly think he'd still be playing for us now and would probably be one of our top 5 or so all-time appearance makers.

If he had been more fortunate with injuries I have no doubt he would have troubled Keef and maybe even Bartram.

How cruel can life be?
  • Options
    Or else he would be back with us after his stint at Barcelona and Man U.
  • Options
    Rufus. Its a crime you wasnt capped for England
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    My worst ever misjudgement of a player.

I saw us play a Kent Cup match at Margate c1993/4 when a lanky Bambi on ice looking Richard Rufus lined up alongside a powerful, robust Linvoy Primus. I was sure we wouldn't or couldn't keep both and told my brother that Rufus would be the one to go.

Thank God Curbs (or at that time Curbs and Gritty) and not me was manager is all I can say!