Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Going for a Song (Wengers Revenge?)

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Just when you thought maybe Pards had unearthed an unexpected gem, the following post on Arseweb puts things into perspective.

"One young player who has never really made the grade is Alex Song and yesterday Arsene Wenger took his revenge on Alan Pardew by sending him on loan to Charlton until the end of the season. I know it’s not his fault when he gets picked but one performance against Liverpool aside he has looked completely out of his depth at Arsenal. You compare his first games to those of Denilson and it’s like chalk and cheese. With the Brazilian obviously a better player and with Diaby, Gilberto, Flamini and Cesc all ahead of him it would seem that the loan is a way to put him in the shop window for a permanent deal somewhere because his first team chances at Arsenal are slimmer than Karen Carpenter. Good luck to him though."

Comments

• Options
    So the startling revalation that Song might not be as good as Denilson, Diaby, Gilberto, Flamini and Fabregas, at the moment, somehow makes him a poor signing.

He still might be better than what we have. For example, would you put Holland, Ambrose, Reid, Faye, Kish or Hughes as better than the above list of Arsenal midfielders?
  • Options
    My thoughts exactly, he's young and inexperiences yet that post has a go at him for not settling as quickly as an experienced brazillian international.
  • Options
    Sounds like a whingeing Gooner complaining that he's not a future/past world cup winner. To get into the Arse first XI on a regular basis means being a better player than Fabregas etc, and the Premiership is full of those...not.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]He still might be better than what we have. For example, would you put Holland, Ambrose, Reid, Faye, Kish or Hughes as better than the above list of Arsenal midfielders?

I tend to agree with most of what you say. I just thought it was worth sharing. Thomas never got a sniff when he was at the Gooners but he turned out to be a half decent signing. But come on, better than Kish? You're 'aving a laugh!!! ;-)
  • Options
    Not just Jerome Thomas, this is the same manager who let Matthew Upson go to Birmingham and Steve Sidwell to Reading amongst other decisions. I wonder what Arseweb said about their transfers?
  • Options
    i saw him play last season and he was indeed woeful, hopefully he's improved. Wonder if this means pardew dosn't really rate walton since he's shipped him out on loan and replaced him with another young midfielder, would of liked to see him get the odd game over another clubs young prospects.
  • Options
    i saw him play last season and he was indeed woeful, hopefully he's improved. Wonder if this means pardew dosn't really rate walton since he's shipped him out on loan and replaced him with another young midfielder, would of liked to see him get the odd game over another clubs young prospects.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    there might be a slight problem posting.
  • Options
    Pass judgement when you've seen him play.

Until then don't listen to bitter wank piece arsenal fans
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jac52[/cite]i saw him play last season and he was indeed woeful, hopefully he's improved. Wonder if this means pardew dosn't really rate walton since he's shipped him out on loan and replaced him with another young midfielder, would of liked to see him get the odd game over another clubs young prospects.

How many times did you see him last season......:-)