Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spurs player at Dubai airport said 'Chris Powell - legend!'

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Was collecting my luggage at Dubai airport and saw the Spurs team getting theirs on the next carousel. I went and put my SCP tshirt on (is that sad, or cool?) and a group of them passed me and saw my tshirt and said 'Chris Powell - legend!'. I said 'that's really great to hear you say that!'. I was well chuffed. I glared at Jermaine Defoe before that- although I doubt he registered why, but it made me feel better! My boyfriend was on the flight too and followed them off wondering who the lanky twat was getting in the way - then realised who he and his mates were!

Comments

• Any idea who it was that said it? I suspect that if Judas had clocked you were a Charlton fan he would have fully registered the glare!
  • Good to know that I'm not the only Charlton supporter in town Fiona!!
  • Red Pete

Excellent!

Where you watching the game?
  • Middle East supporters club anyone ????? ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: PrincessFiona[/cite]Red Pete

Excellent!

Where you watching the game?
    On my laptop I think. Are there any better options?
  • edited February 2011
    post deleted
  • Some of the Spurs players will know Chris Powell fairly well, Chris Powell is as some of you will already know a life long Spurs fan, as well as a Charlton legend, he often takes his son to games at WHL, I personally wish him well as manager of Charlton Athletic.
  • Middle East Supporters Club - yes. I cover a number of countries in the ME and Pakistan - I'll be in Doha at some point and often in Dubai for a few days