Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jackson's injury

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Reading his twitter says he has a sore achilles and going for a scan Monday.

Also Benson said his back might be okay for Tuesday but he's been saying that for the past 3 games so no idea what is going on there.

Comments

• In fairness, apart from the obvious situation of having no penalty taker as was horribly exposed last night, I don't think Jackson missing a couple of games would be a bad thing.

Obviously I don't want the fella to be injured but he's been (the header vs P'boro aside) very below par in the last 6 weeks or so. The midfield has been not just sussed but totally nullified and something needs to change. The centre needs to be more imposing and give then other side something more to think about and the wide men need to be more involved.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]... but he's been (the header vs P'boro aside) very below par in the last 6 weeks or so.

yes he has ... needs time to recover properly as we need him at full fitness
  • A lot of Jackson's work goes unnoticed IMHO and he would not normally be someone who would be as prominent as he has been this season by scoring 15 goals .

If he is injured for some time then one of the new loanees needs to be a left footer . This would mean Bostock or Townsend from Spurs would be ideal.
  • I wouldnt be too worries about Jackson being missing. He's being played out of position anyway and is quite ineffective out wide. I would like to see him drop back or play in center Midfield. One thing that is obvious is that we lack width and creativity and Jackson provides us with neither.
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]A lot of Jackson's work goes unnoticed IMHO and he would not normally be someone who would be as prominent as he has been this season by scoring 15 goals .

We could miss him more than we think - the midfield was nowhere in the second half yesterday after he went off. Completely agree that a lot of his work off the ball goes unnoticed. We've already missed his penalty-taking. Get better soon, JJ.
  • been our best player this season possibly mr reliable
  • I agree he needs a few games rest as it is starting to show, but yes we will definitely miss him. Powell needs to mix the squad a lot more and change tactics most games.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]We could miss him more than we think - the midfield was nowhere in the second half yesterday after he went off. Completely agree that a lot of his work off the ball goes unnoticed. We've already missed his penalty-taking.

Well said, Weegie.

Also agree with many who say we lack drive in midfield, but in the meantime Jacko does tie things together.
    It's the old story of 90% of a player's contribution is performed off the ball.

His manager will know this, even if some posters don't.

Having said this, I agree that Jacko's noticeable effectiveness has tailed off a bit recently.
    Maybe he's been less than 100% fit and carrying injury for a few games now, which has finally caught up with him?