Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A few manners

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
wouldn't go amiss from the powers that be as well as other forum posters given that comments on that theme were made only recently on another thread!

I asked a question earlier about a thread that appeared to have vanished.

I return some hours later to discover no courtesy of a response but that thread vanished too!

Doubtless this will also be ruthlessly censored!

Comments

• It's a mystery

Have we outsourced our admin to Bahrain ?
  • Perhaps the powers that be haven't got the time to sit constantly monitoring and responding to members messages. I'm sure if you send a whisper Len you'll get a response in due course.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Perhaps the powers that be haven't got the time to sit constantly monitoring and responding to members messages. I'm sure if you send a whisper Len you'll get a response in due course.

I thought the whisper facility had been removed otherwise I would have done.
  • edited February 2011
    Len, use your noddle.

There was a thread on Celtic and Rangers. It got moved off the public forum. Why ? Because some idiot started going on about kiddy fiddling and trying to get others to react. The same sort of shit that always materialises every time Celtic or Rangers gets mentioned on here.

So we move it, end of story, every one moves on. Then you reignite again asking about the thread and saying you can't see it. I would have thought logic would tell you if you can't see it, then it has been removed, and by starting another thread on it, you are just going to continue the debate, one that isn't wanted.

I've not had pc access all day until now, only mobile and i can't sink conversations from my mobile. But i can change categories and move them off the public board, so that is what i did with yours. And another from the same person that caused the problem in the first place, who continues to do what he can to either stir it up in here, or subject us to his brand of irony.

So its got nothing to do with manners, its got nothing to do with ruthless censorship, its got everything to do with trying to alleviate needless issues and wasting my time when i've got better things to do with it.
  • I can still whisper Len, admin must be out to get you! ;0)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Len, use your noddle.

There was a thread on Celtic and Rangers. It got moved off the public forum. Why ? Because some idiot started going on about kiddy fiddling and trying to get others to react. The same sort of shit that always materialises every time Celtic or Rangers gets mentioned on here.

So we move it, end of story, every one moves on. Then you reignite again asking about the thread and saying you can't see it. I would have thought logic would tell you if you can't see it, then it has been removed, and by starting another thread on it, you are just going to continue the debate, one that isn't wanted.

I've not had pc access all day until now, only mobile and i can't sink conversations from my mobile. But i can change categories and move them off the public board, so that is what i did with yours. And another from the same person that caused the problem in the first place, who continues to do what he can to either stir it up in here, or subject us to his brand of irony.

So its going nothing to do with manners, its got nothing to do with ruthless censorship, its got everything to do with trying to alleviate needless issues and wasting my time when i've got better things to do with it.

Fair enough.

All I would say is at the time I posted on the original thread it was an innocent enough thread about which Scottish team people supported hence my surprise it had disappeared which led me to ask the question as to whether it had got out of control. It was quite interesting seeing why people chose to follow Scottish teams.

However I know that Rangers Celtic causes grief on here, as it did in the old netaddicks days, so I can understand your stance now you've explained it.
  • That told you.
  • What's wrong with being racey?
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I can still whisper Len, admin must be out to get you! ;0)

I can too I've realised.

It's the notification of whispers which has been removed. I knew something had been done with them and got confused.

Old duffers and computers don't mix :-)
  • East Stirlingshire !!
  • Sponsored links:

• "P45"

Another AFKA classic
  • oh how we laughed