Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is the Valley haunted?

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Hey chaps, newbie here, originally from Slade Green now living in Plymouth, so I've never had decent football!

My question is: is the place haunted?
We all are used to being put through it with Charlton, but does playing for us somehow affect players?
Previously perfectly good players suddenly not as effective!
And has the curse now started to creep upon BWP with that missed penalty? After watching score for fun for Plymouth will he now find himself in a barren spell?

Comments

• He missed the pen at Notts County so maybe you should ask them if their ground is haunted.
  • When he's missed 2 more at home I'll come back and ask again then ;0)

Really I mean is there some sort of curse upon the shirt, where whoever doth don it shall be struck down with poor ball control!
  • haunted%20britain%20and%20ireland.jpg

and leicester!! we all follow the charlton...
  • What's the record for shortest membership on CL?
  • I'll let you know soon...
  • Yes.
  • No. Because there's no such thing as ghosts.
  • When Sheffield Wednesday beat us on the last day and we were relegated I placed a curse on them. It worked! They were relegated two seasons in a row.

When I lifted the curse they were promoted back to the championship.
  • Although 50% of statistics are wrong, it is a known fact that 90% of fans feel that their team underachieves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice statistic!
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]No. Because there's no such thing as ghosts.

is the right answer
  • No it's not haunted.

The problem is the battle between the good elves who live in the west stand and the evil goblins who live under the Jimmy Seed stand.
  • I guess being cursed and just having rotten luck can feel the same...
    If we get big benni in, that'll 'exercise'(sic) a few demons.
  • first cursed redmist when Mark Aizlewood stuck two fingers up to the covered end , was later broken when he became a priest and a half decent player. Cursed again when Richard Rufus turned and looked up to the covered end roof , while the valley faithfull sang " the ruf , the ruf , the ruf is on fire , this was also broken when Rufus became a pastor.
  • ...if were talking divine intervention, perhaps its Judas Defoes ghost!
  • Welcome to the site RedMist, you should hook up with Oggy Red who is another Plymouth-exiled Addick on here.

Its not haunted, but i've frequently thought over the last few years the club is cursed. Perhaps our next signing should be a witch doctor to perform some ceremony and cleanse the place :-)
  • Complete with bone through his nose! (that sounded very Alan partridge!)

I've probably unwittingly seen oggy, he was more than likely the other bloke in the pub when the match was on!

Thanks for the welcome :0) I really wanted to come back for SCPs first home game against Plymouth but logistics were against me.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]When Sheffield Wednesday beat us on the last day and we were relegated I placed a curse on them. It worked! They were relegated two seasons in a row.

When I lifted the curse they were promoted back to the championship.

Looks like you decided to renew the curse!!
  • If we all wear our lucky Charlton Life badges tonight and rub them three times as the game kicks off we will win.

LOCKED ON FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• Glued on- with no more nails.
  • I did wonder why Ambrose was able to disappear into thin air for long periods of a game and now he has gone over to the dark side!
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Because there's no such thing as ghosts.

Oh yes there is
  • well we did once have a Spector play for us.
  • My recently-acquired three volume set entitled "The History of Charlton" does indicate that the present-day football stadium is built on the site of an old Indian burial ground and that the centre spot sits at the intersection of six different ley lines.

The entrance to the prehistoric CharltonHenge (demolished during road widening work in the 1880's) was located approximately where Bartrams now stands.

Finally, the ancient Roman 'buryfield' is known to have covered an area roughly described by the North Stand plus nearest penalty box. It was used well into the 17th century and found favour as a resting place for many of the London plague victims.
  • Could be haunted?

You will see all the empty seats again tonight! So were all the people against exeter GHOSTS?
  • Pixies dissolve when they die and leave no spirit
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]If we all wear our lucky Charlton Life badges tonight and rub them three times as the game kicks off we will win.

LOCKED ON FACT

What Badges ?
  • I think when we sing 'We're going to bounce in a minute' it envokes the evil spirits!
  • The only evil spirits I know are Tesco Value Range brandy and whiskey.