Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thomas

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Did he look good then last night or what? sounded it everytime he got the ball the commentator got excited?

Comments

• Options
    In the same that the commentator for Everton V Newcastle a few years back got excited about Rooney?:

"He maybe just a boy but he's got the body of a man."

Something like that. His co-commentator just died live on air. Hehe!
  • Options
    Caught in possession too often, did not play the simple ball. Worked hard mind & had a chance fairly near the end to win it. Made complete hash of a chance with an air shot first half.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Did he look good then last night or what? sounded it everytime he got the ball the commentator got excited?

Granted I only saw the highlights on football first, but from what I saw he was dreadful. Lacked his usual pace and was guilty of giving the ball away needlessly on a number of occassions. Had 2 good chances in front of goal, first one he missed the ball completly, second one, through on goal and he shots straight at the keeper.
  • Options
    oh well i was wrong then, only half listening on the internet but definitely got excited by him on the ball... in a football way sco.
  • Options
    I think he looks a bit podgy...... As they say - It takes one to know one!
  • Options
    i watched the whole game, and i think you lot are being a bit harsh on the boy. He did ok, granted he didnt move mountains, but a bit more playin time and he will be good again. A great outlet and holds it up quite well.
  • Options
    I agree with you DJ... he looks like he's been round Hasselbanks for dinner.
  • Options
    I agree with you DJ... he looks like he's been round Hasselbanks for dinner.

That's feckin Gold. Whaddya reckon Jimmy has for dinner anyway? Christ, imagine getting stuck behind Jimmy and Peter Garland at a buffet restaurant, I reckon your legs would start to cramp up from waiting for them to move on!!!
  • Options
    I was at the game and agree with MCS.

He needs a few games to get confidence at least he didn't pull out of tackles like Romm and with a bit more understanding with Thatcher he could be very effective.
  • Options
    Thomas is potentially our best winger. He can hold the ball up and wins a lot of free kicks. He does look unfit though I agree and has lost half a yard to a yard of pace because of it.