Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charltons 03/04 season

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
Watched it the other night on DVD which I didn't realise I had (I'm now selling it on eBay for 99p) it is a great watch and really cheered me up as far as charlton are concerned. Matt holland had a great season I didn't actually remember how good he was and Dicanio goes down as a legend in my book even though he was here for 10 months, he was so commited wore the shirt with pride and was such a fantastic player. We all now we wernt the same without Parker but I hated the way he left which showed an emotional interview with curbs.

I suggest watching it if you've got it, brings back some great memories and makes you feel good.

Comments

• Options
    Don't take this the wrong- way but why are you selling it?
    For me recent dvds are depressing (obviously) and even the classic era dvds are depressing when I see how good we used to be and the quality we had. boo hoo etc.
  • Options
    I probably won't watch it again so I might as well sell it. I wonder if the charlton shop still sell it? If not Il definatly up the price on it as it's probably quite rare and hard to find. If no one comes in for it il be happy to just keep it.
  • Options
    Is that the review of the whole season? I have the 'Addicks go Fourth' one which goes up to the draw with Leicester in December, but if there is one for the whole season I'd love to see it.
  • Options
    Yeh its the whole season I didnt realise i had it until a few days ago I thought i just had addicks go fourth aswell.
  • Options
    I didn't realise there was one for the whole season - I'll look out for it. Actually, if you're selling it on eBay then I might buy it there.
  • Options
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110661945296

or "charlton 03/04 season on dvd" should come up.
  • Options
    Also, does anyone know if a review DVD of the 04/05 season exists? I know it wasn't the most exciting, since by then the magic of being in the Premier League had worn off, but there were some good moments like the double over Spurs and the two Palace games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: EpsomAddick[/cite]Also, does anyone know if a review DVD of the 04/05 season exists? I know it wasn't the most exciting, since by then the magic of being in the Premier League had worn off, but there were some good moments like the double over Spurs and the two Palace games.

It does yes. Maybe best bet is Ebay or ask if anyone here is willing to sell. Sorry to say I am not selling mine.

The club have released either a VHS or DVD of each season for a long time now.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: EpsomAddick[/cite]Also, does anyone know if a review DVD of the 04/05 season exists? I know it wasn't the most exciting, since by then the magic of being in the Premier League had worn off, but there were some good moments like the double over Spurs and the two Palace games.

It does yes. Maybe best bet is Ebay or ask if anyone here is willing to sell. Sorry to say I am not selling mine.

The club have released either a VHS or DVD of each season for a long time now.

Bloody hell, 2010/11 is gonna be a classic. What are they gonna use for the soundtrack? I suggest "Atrocity Exhibition" by Joy Division.
  • Options
    Anything by Joy Division would be appropiate.

They released the 2 Championship Seasons so would be surprised if they don't this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't sell it on ebay, that DVD will be a collectors item and you will regret it.

Joy Division would make for a great sound track!!!
  • Options
    The 03/04 season is my favorite, not because we finished 7th, its because we actually played brilliant football! One of the many great performances that season was against Fulham at the Valley. The midfield of Stuart, Parker, Holland and Jensen ran the show and we beat them 3-1. Also how could anyone ever forget the Chelsea match.
    All we were missing that season was a Darren Bent type of striker. We had Di Canio providing the creativity but couldnt find a striker to put it in the goal consistently, Euell scored 10 that season but most were from Midfield. JJ was inconsistent, Lisbie was having his best season until he got injured, Bartlett was never a consistent scorer but worked hard and was injured most the season, Carlton Cole done well i thought but was injured 1st half of the season, Svensson was dire and sold.
  • Options
    Agreed, the best top flight season by a mile. Di Canio was absolutely superb. The world class saves by Kiely at Birmingham to preserve 3 points, Friedel equalising at the Valley in the 89th minute but Jensen scoring the winner in the 90th, THAT game against Chelsea, Parker running the show before being sold to Chelsea and the 7th place finish. I remember for a large part of that season we held our own in 4th place. FOURTH place! The thing that sticks out is when we beat Southampton on the last day 2-1 to see off Bolton for 7th place and a fan to my left going purple with rage at the way we'd played in the latter stages to allow Southampton back into it saying it wasn't good enough and Curbs was sh*t. Just shows how high expectation levels were when you're not happy finishing in 7th place in the top league. Really illustrates how much we were punching above our weight.
  • Options
    This was the pinnacle - I geneuinely believe in my heart that had we not lost Parker in the way we did, we would have made the Champions league rather than finishing 7th. Unfortunately, it also showed why a club like Charlton can't really compete at the very top as smaller clubs may have been able to do in years gone past. Charlton were scuppered by Chelsea who realised Parker was the heartbeat of the team and that we were better than them and they needed to stop us.Which to be fair they did. Damage was done to Parker's career too - We will never know what would have happened to him had he stayed for the rest of that season but I suspect he would have done better for himself.