Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Remaining Fixtures

11 Games to go. Probably only 3-4 more points needed to escape relegation and promotion a long forgotten objective.

So, where are the 3 points coming from...given current form I don't see much hope in the immediate games coming up...the last 4 of the season could end up being massive! ...although strangely given there will be no expectation on the Southampton game maybe it will mean our players play with more freedom?

Southampton (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Rochdale (A)
Leyton Orient (H)
Southampton(A)
Oldham (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Bristol Rovers (A)
Rochdale (H)
Walsall (A)
Hartlepool (H)

Comments

• Options
    We should scrape together another 7/8 points although the longer we go without a win the squeakier the bum will become. Worryingly however the most winnable games seem to be coming at the end and the last thing we want is the Walsall game to be a six pointer.
  • Options
    Couple more wins should be all we need.no need to panic just yet.
  • Options
    From that lot i can only see a point at home to Rochdale and maybe 3 to avoid relegation against Hartlepool.
  • Options
    Can't see us getting another win from these last games when you consider some of the crud playing for us. If we can scrape a 2 or 3 draws then we might avoid relegation.
  • Options
    Gotta say the way we are playing I can only see points from the last 4 games.

We'll be massive in League 2 though, although not as massive as Bradford.
  • Options
    Having already lost to Wallsall and Hartlepool, and drawn with Bristol Rovers, if we to into those last four games needing points I will be very worried. Very worried indeed.
  • Options
    Blimey. What had this club become when we can't get points against these pub teams?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Blimey. What had this club become when we can't get points against these pub teams?

if you can't beat em .............................................
  • Options
    oh my good goold!!!! that lot look like loses to me! help
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Blimey. What had this club become when we can't get points against these pub teams?

if you can't beat em .............................................

....you lose or draw ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CH4RLTON[/cite]We should scrape together another 7/8 points although the longer we go without a win the squeakier the bum will become. Worryingly however the most winnable games seem to be coming at the end and the last thing we want is the Walsall game to be a six pointer.

You're very optimistic. If we can't beat Tranmere, Exeter, Dagenham etc etc etc what makes you think we can win any of these games?
  • Options
    It is fortunate that we probably only need 4 points, as it is difficult to envisage us gaining 2 wins from that lot.
    Shows how far we have fallen when we are fretting over visits to the likes of Rochdale and Walsall.
    I'd imagine the Sheff Wed forumites are poring over their final 10 fixtures too.....
  • Options
    at least another 11 from the last 11 :)

chins up everyone!
  • Options
    Wouldnt be surprised if we dont win again this season.

Players dont give a shit, board have given up and fans a resigned to our lot.

Insult to everyone who has paid money to watch these poor excuses of footballers.
  • Options
    Come on everyone. Chin up.

Being a Charlton supporter is a helter skelter and a merry go round all rolled into one. That's why we love them.
    After supporting this club for over fifty years nothing has ever been straight forward on or off the pitch.
    They always leave you on the edge of the seat. Running away with a league (1981 i beleive) by Christmas and then blowing it . Lose the last game of the season at home and not get promoted (Blackburn 1958). Get a last gasp winning penalty to get up against Sunderland for promotion and many many other occasions when they were on the edge of relegation/promotion. Nail biting, adrenaline flowing, heart pumping stuff.

The one thing about supporting Charlton is its not boring. You get the ups with the downs. Unfortunately we have a down period which will soon change with luck.

How boring it must be to support Manchester United. If they get second in the prem its a bad season. Yawn Yawn!

The Addicks will turn it around soon (please).

• Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Wouldnt be surprised if we dont win again this season.

Players dont give a shit, board have given up and fans a resigned to our lot.

Insult to everyone who has paid money to watch these poor excuses of footballers.

How have the Board given up?
  • Options
    We're more than capable of one more win, and if not two or three draws will see us safe.
  • Options
    I actually think we will win our next two games.

Coat is on......
  • Options
    We'll scrap a few crappy draws and a couple of unconvincing wins before the end of the season. At least that's the mantra I've been repeating to myself the last few games... It's getting a bit desperate that can't be denied. Still, there will be games like Exeter at home and Brentford at home where one effort that hits the bar actually goes in to grind out a couple of hard-earned/flukey (delete as appropriate dependant on mindset) victories! Either way I'll be at Southampton on Tuesday, expecting a defeat...
  • Options
    I always thought this in the Premier League days but it is just as true now - when you are winning regularly, every game looks winnable (maybe not MU away in the Premiership days), but when you are losing they all look tough. Now is no different.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bobbin[/cite]We're more than capable of one more win, and if not two or three draws will see us safe.

Blimey, posts like this really do show how far we have sunk, I was hoping to be in the play off mix at least if not the automatics, now we are hoping for one more win or a few draws to save our season.
  • Options
    27pts from that lot
  • Options
    just had a strong pain killer tablet, sneak a win tomorow nite and go on a run, games in hand final day win sneaks us into top 6, then rest is upto the gods.