Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Advice to Chris for Tuesday

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
Park the blimmin bus. Row Z it for the whole game...you know it makes sense.
The alternative?

Comments

• Options
    Drop McCormack, that'll be a start
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Drop McCormack, that'll be a start

Never let the waster anywhere near the red shirt again
  • Options
    Parking the bus seems like the way forward for this one...deffo drop mccormack put ecclestone in the team and poss go 4-3-3 ?

Could play like this with semedo playing as a defensive mid and ecccles given a free-ish role behind the front man. For that to work he would have to track back to cover the midfield.

----------Worner----------
    Solly---Dailly---Fry---Bessone/Jenks
    ----------Semedo----------
    Waggy-----------------Reid
    ----------Ecclestone-------
    ---------Nouble/BWP------
  • Options
    Forfeit? 0-3 and protect our goal difference!
  • Options
    That's all very well but I don't think this lot have a driving license.

No way we can keep 'em out for 90 if we sit back and try to hang on to a point IMO.
  • Options
    "Back to basics" as CP said himself, but not sure how patient the crowd will be if we in effect surrender before ko. Maybe just point out to them that most of the vitriol coming their way is over a perceived lack of pride and bottle rather than for the obvious lack of ability.
  • Options
    Better advice would be to tell him to stay at home.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: csr_cafc[/cite]Parking the bus seems like the way forward for this one...deffo drop mccormack put ecclestone in the team and poss go 4-3-3 ?

Could play like this with semedo playing as a defensive mid and ecccles given a free-ish role behind the front man. For that to work he would have to track back to cover the midfield.

Worner
    Semedo
    Waggy
    Reid
    Ecclestone

Nouble/BWP

If that formation is your idea of parking the bus mate then I'll get the train!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Better advice would be to tell him to stay at home.

Yeah. Right. Ha Ha. Nice one. Brilliant in fact. Cosmic.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Do what we did at Spurs, play 4-5-1 and pack the midfield. Give the defence extra protection and ensure we are not overrun.

Anyinsah can play the lone roll well, with Waggy who can support and someone like Reid on the left, we should have enough going forward aswell. At Spurs, despite the defeat we did create a few good chances.

I know Saints are no Spurs.

Sullivan

Jenkinson Dailly Llera Fry
    Waggy Parret Semedo Racon Reid
    Anyinsah
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worner
    Jenks Semedo Llera Bessone
    Waggy Racon Parrett
    Joe BWP Nouble
  • Options
    1.Tie all the opposition's boot laces together in the tunnel.
    2. Hammer a horseshoe to your forehead.
    3. Drop McCormack.
    4. Hammer a four leaf clover to a black cat.
    5. Consider the opposition's weaknesses and work out your tactics accordingly.
    6. Send out 12 players and see if anyone notices.
  • Options
    Pick left footers on the left, right footers on the right, central midfielders in the middle, and try not to play centre backs at full back.

Then get a right footer to take the corners on the left and vice versa, preferably the wingers.

Ask the Centre Backs if they wouldn't mind pushing up a little bit every now and again, it tends to push the opposition away from our goal. If they are worried about being caught upfield with no hope of catching the opposition forward running in behind, perhaps the keeper could sweep up behind.

Finally, ask the team if they can play into the feet of the front two, and perhaps look for a return pass. That new boy who played yesterday tried to do that, but the majority of players looked on bemused. Apparently his normal manager encourages pass and move football.
  • Options
    Get on the Saints at evens
  • Options
    play fortune up front or play fortune in goal or make fortune director of football
  • Options
    Take down that silly sign in the tunnel as it seems to boost the morale of the opposition. One up front formation needed imo.
  • Options
    Don't lose. At any cost.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Take down that silly sign in the tunnel as it seems to boost the morale of the opposition.

By jove, I think he's got it.

It's the "silly sign" wots done us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: csr_cafc[/cite]Parking the bus seems like the way forward for this one...deffo drop mccormack put ecclestone in the team and poss go 4-3-3 ?

Worner
    Semedo
    Waggy
    Reid
    Ecclestone

Nouble/BWP

I'd tweek that to the below:

Worner & Sullivan
    Solly---Dailly---Fry---Bessone
    Semedo
    Waggy
    Reid
    Nouble/BWP
  • Options
    Play 8 at the back and llera and BWP up front and long ball it for the whole game. There's been no midfield in recent games anyway so why bother!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

Worner
    Semedo
    Waggy
    Reid
    Ecclestone

Nouble/BWP

I'd tweek that to the below:

Worner & Sullivan
    Solly---Dailly---Fry---Bessone
    Semedo
    Waggy
    Reid
    Nouble/BWP

It suprises me that someone who supports Millwall shows so much interest in Charlton.
    I think that you actually like Charlton.
    Perhaps you should grow some bollocks and realise that no matter how much bravado you put on down the Den, you probably just don't fit in.
  • Options
    Get D'urso in to call the game off
  • Options
    [align=center]Worner
    Solly Llera Dailly Jenks
    Parret Semedo Racon
    Eccleston BWP Nouble[/align]

Just go for all or nothing
  • Options
    Robbo - I think most people realise he doesnt fit in with the chaps on the House of Fun and comes on here for a bit of attention.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Take down that silly sign in the tunnel as it seems to boost the morale of the opposition.

By jove, I think he's got it.

It's the "silly sign" wots done us.

Off it - you are up to your usual tricks of just taking the piss out of people. Well done. Pal / Chum / Chump
  • Options
    What are you on about PL54?

What's with the "Chump" comment?
  • Options
    So very sorry, I was looking for the greeting "Fella"

Must have confused you with a piss-taking someone else.
  • Options
    Oh come on man, you didn't realise Powell wasn't on the bench and feel a bit foolish about it afterwards. Hardly my fault is it. Get over it and stop trying to score points.
  • Options
    No need to apologise - stick to the piss taking. Got your badge yet ? Lad.
  • Options
    Pointless.