Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have players said they dont want to play?

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
Mick Collins latest tweet mentions sacking players who have indicated that dont want to play as they aren't getting a contract next year.

Mick, I assume you have some foundation for this and I respect your opinion. If this is true WTF is going on behind the scenes? We are in meltdown!

Comments

• Options
    Whats his twitter address?
  • Options
    Glad someone else has mentioned this first as i have also heard something along those lines .would love for someone to expand on those comments.
  • Options
    @MickPCollins
  • Options
    Not a tweeter but would very much like those of you that are or heard similar to expand on this.
  • Options
    MickPCollins Mick Collins
    Powelly's the right manager, the players are the problem. Contract renewals? You having a laugh? #cafc

MickPCollins Mick Collins
    Oh, to sack all the players who have said they don't want to play as they're not getting a new contract, so they're looking elsewhere. #cafc
  • Options
    If there is any semblence of truth in this, whatever players have indicated that they dont want to play should be banished from the training ground.
  • Options
    Just to make clear, I've not been told specifically that anyone is refusing to play.

I meant those who are clearly not putting in the effort they should. Those who have made it clear they don't care. I'd prefer to live in a world where they didn't arrogantly presume to be able to collect their wages while not putting in the effort.

I don't suppose anyone has said as much, because players don't - they're too well advised.

I'm only saying the same as everyone else is thinking - wouldn't it be nice to be able to get rid of the players who can't seem to be bothered, and are just hanging around, not risking injury or effort, because they can't see a future for themselves beyond the end of the year and they don't want to risk getting hurt.

Chris Powell is being let down by a few players who seemingly don't care about the club as much as he does. And can any of you disagree with that?
  • Options
    Agreed, but why does he keep playing them? That's like handing the other team 3points!
    Play some youngsters anything must be better if that really is their attitude.
    He's not stupid, why does he do it?
  • Options
    New team next year, most know they are gone. Should they give a shit and put a shift in?

Not like we have signed anyone in the past 5 years who is on the up in their careers.
  • Options
    What if this new team next year doesn't want to play for him either?
    Surely the players not wanting to play for him is a sign of a bad manager
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]What if this new team next year doesn't want to play for him either?
    Surely the players not wanting to play for him is a sign of a bad manager[/quote]

New players means new contracts.
  • Options
    its not the sign of a bad manager they are just parkys boys cp has not had a fair crack yet when hes got his team then he can be judged but not till the lazy useless sods that dont deserve the great shirt have been shot out of our club throw em in the covered end for 10 mins
  • Options
    so which players is it that we think don't care and aren't putting in the effort?
  • Options
    They dont want to play for the club not the manager.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MickCollins[/cite]I'm only saying the same as everyone else is thinking - wouldn't it be nice to be able to get rid of the players who can't seem to be bothered, and are just hanging around, not risking injury or effort, because they can't see a future for themselves beyond the end of the year and they don't want to risk getting hurt.

Yes but the PFA have always been too powerfull to allow any of that sort of thing. I say don't blame our manager blame whoever has been head of the PFA for the last number of years......

Oh.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]so which players is it that we think don't care and aren't putting in the effort?
    I dont think this should be disscused on a public forum
    we all can have a guess who dont look like there trying
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]so which players is it that we think don't care and aren't putting in the effort?

Probably easier to list those that do still seem interested.
  • Options
    Why its obvious who cant be arsed?
  • Options
    100% it should be on here and other sites---------------name and shame.

"looks like they are not trying" as we dont want any legal stuff.On the other hand wouldnt it be good to hear some legal knodHead explain how their client WAS trying its just that he is actually a shit footballer !
  • Options
    there was talk of semedo and racon in contract talks around xmas

some of this lot are the 14 out of contract in the summer?

Anyinsah - can't see that
    Dailly - neither with Daily
    Fortune - has other issues, he's become pish
    Jenkinson - n/a
    Llera - can't see it
    Mambo - nope
    Racon - ditto Semedo?
    Semedo - surely must have been offered something
    Solly - n/a
    Stavinrou - n/a
    Jackson - inured but if he is out of contract and they don't offer him something right now they should be shot

who else?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parky was popular amongst his players . Like others I reluctantly accepted his time was through.

A certain regular this season did not make the 18 yesterday and would now be the third choice in his best position . Only problem is that he is on a two year contract.

I have also been miffed about two other players not making the line up , maybe it now makes sense .

I hate these stories because you almost become paranoid about any other injured and suspended player .
  • Options
    They're pros. I thong they will all be trying.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]They're pros. I thong they will all be trying.

I thang they will be looking to get paid this season and next, not risk anything beyond that. KP would know what is going on, what's his Twitter name - funny.
  • Options
    Don't mean to sound silly but surely these players that don't care anymore should put in a decent performance to attract clubs looking at them?

I can't imagine clubs higher than us will want to bring in the likes of Francis
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]They're pros. I thong they will all be trying.
    Don't bring your underwear into this ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Parky was popular amongst his players . Like others I reluctantly accepted his time was through.
    .[/quote]

Parky was not popular man, or I dont think he was, was told by a certain youth team player who was involved by the first team. Only daily really liked him. Said Kinsella was much more popular.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ciro9991[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Parky was popular amongst his players . Like others I reluctantly accepted his time was through.
    .[/quote]

Parky was not popular man, or I dont think he was, was told by a certain youth team player who was involved by the first team. Only daily really liked him. Said Kinsella was much more popular.[/quote]

As per Curbs and Peacock
  • Options
    all sounds ike a load of guff to me although i reckon racon would be top of the list of sulky arses not putting it in - just a gut feeling. when the team isn't functioning properly it can quite often look like people aren't trying when really its just hard to keep banging your head against a brick wall. i reckon semedo was sorted out at xmas and racon wasn't hence his mysterious injury and dropping - could be wrong but thats my hunch.
  • Options
    Sounds to me like another one of those typical hack storylines where they don't worry about letting the truth get in the way of a good story...

Stir up the shite, stand back, wait until it hits the fan and then come back with a 'that's not what I said' rebuttal...

The author of this rumor has got another pile of garbage going on in a similar thread...