Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Season

So everyone's talking about 'building for next season' so by this I guess everyone means pretty much buying better players for the squad that can actually pass the ball insted of hoofing and making ridiculus mistakes. However buying players and sticking them into a squad together won't magically get us promoted? It usually takes a season to develop a decent team who are ready to get promotion an example is Huddersfield? So is that 2 seasons we're writing of? and whats going on with the manager situation? Everyone seriously needs to stop with the Sir CP & Sack CP nobody should make a decision til he has a decent squad that he can use his work on.

We need more future prospects with, defined aims insted of we're just going to build the club? When? it takes longer than a season!

Personally I believe we need a serious wake up call? And the squad at the moment generally needs to play their heart out, theyve been torn apart in recent games and their confidence lacks a huge amount, I think injurys have also been a major problem however the manager should be able to cope with this and make the right loan signings to fill positions in which i think CP has actually done quite well with however sometimes his positioning of players baffles me!!

Sorry to rant and rave but at the moment i can see Charlton going down a very long hill! Not many teams this season can say they've lost this many in a row, with many games they could of won.. Tranmere, D&R, MK Dons? All games i saw us winning at the start of the season!

I sit in the Covered End, and also here many shouts of abuse at players & CP some in which are just idiots with no clue, but as most people on here no their opinions are relavent and I know that most of them are quite mature so Il ask you guys?

The Future What Does It Bring?
Or What Are YOUR Predictions?.......

Comments

• Options
    Well we don't want to be 'building for next season' in Division 4 cos that looks like where we're heading!
  • Options
    Yes thats possible if we keep loosing however most teams in this league are awful so im hoping we won't drop!
  • Options
    I can't believe there are many D&R players wou would get in our squad, either before the season (Benson perhaps) or now - yet we were outplayed. Those who say our squad is weak and players not good enough should look at the line-ups of the sides below us that we've lost to this season.
  • Options
    No reason why we can't get promotion next year - Spurs were virtually bottom when Redknapp took over and within a year were top 4. There are plenty of other examples. We have generally been a top 6 side in this division so with the right additions and omissions, there's no reason why it can't happen next year. It's all down to having the right manager.
  • Options
    Good post Willmore and the more I have chance to rationally think of the situation in my mind the more I am starting to come around to this way of thinking. Yes it is a worry that at the moment we can’t buy a win and at this rate could get sucked in the mire and with every loss the panic mentality sets in and the snowball effect gets worse.

I’ve said for a while now momentum is a massive thing in football especially the lower leagues you only have to look at the likes of Bourmouth and Rochdale and the division above Norwich, Leeds and Millwall. Recognising the problem is one thing doing something about it is something else entirely. Maybe once we a get a win or 2 and we know we aren’t going to go down, then we can start building. I know I keep saying it but we need buck the trend of finishing in a lower position (football pyramid as a whole) than the previous year. Maybe finishing 18/19 th in the division this year would give us the best opportunity to do that :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]I can't believe there are many D&R players wou would get in our squad, either before the season (Benson perhaps) or now - yet we were outplayed. Those who say our squad is weak and players not good enough should look at the line-ups of the sides below us that we've lost to this season.

Us not knowing much about opposition squads and players does not mean they are worse than us. I can only speak for myself, but most weeks I've never heard of half the opposition starting XI.

Even if we do have a higher standard of individual (although I find that hard to believe), collectively they are all over the place, particularly in midfield.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    As well as identifying and getting the players we need to bring in, it will be just as vital to indentify and retain the players we need to keep. You can't produce an instantly competetive team by changing all of the players - you need to build around the better players we have. I know people will say we don't have any but I'm sure that isn't the case.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]As well as identifying and getting the players we need to bring in, it will be just as vital to indentify and retain the players we need to keep. You can't produce an instantly competetive team by changing all of the players - you need to build around the better players we have. I know people will say we don't have any but I'm sure that isn't the case.
    Agree. Said before if we can build a strong spine we'll get more out of the likes of Wagstaff, Reid etc.
  • Options
    I did the BBC predictor earlier and have us finish 17th and despite being awful never being in danger of being relegated, still have us to get a couple more points before then end of the season.

Don't think you can get rid of an entire squad, just not really feasible, and as others have said the likes of Waggy and Reid will perform better in a better team...if we get a strong spine then you need players like Reid and Waggy to chip in with goals throughout a season which is what we need if we ever want to get promoted.