Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WHERE WERE THE DIRECTORS ON SATURDAY

As i understand it only four of the directors were at Dagenham on saturday one of which was Peter Varney.
Both The Chairman Michael Slater and the other director Tony Jimenez did not attend the match.Is this normal for both of them to be missing or is there more to it.Maybe away watching other players or speaking to the money men.
Anyone have an answer to this.

Comments

• Options
    Are they obliged to be there?
  • Options
    Apparently Muzza wasn't at the last home game either and virtually none of the old board (pre takeover) are to be seen any more. Muzza's probably on holiday but sad that the likes of Roger Alwyn don't seem to go any more. Maybe they sit elsewhere?
  • Options
    Muzza was at Brentford Bexley
  • Options
    WATCHING THE RUGBY
  • Options
    Went to Redbridge probably.......
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Muzza was at Brentford Bexley

Fair enough - maybe the game before - i'll have a word with my directors box correspondent next time i see him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Are they obliged to be there?
    No. I think the Man City Shiek has only been to one game since buying the club.
  • Options
    Pretty sure Slater has been at every home game.
  • Options
    Pretty sure David White (old board) was there.

Hope Jiminez and Slater weren't watching other players as that's not their job, it's Powell and his team's.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Pretty sure Slater has been at every home game.

He was at the Brentford game, when he received a very muted response to him being introduced on to the pitch at Half Time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    was in the Directors Box for the Peterborough home game, both Jiminez and Slater were abroad on business that day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Pretty sure David White (old board) was there.

Hope Jiminez and Slater weren't watching other players as that's not their job, it's Powell and his team's.

this is what i'm wondering - seems to be the potential for a very hands on approach above team manager and therefore a yes man learning the ropes is ideal for them. I welcome some in the know people at board level but we need a manager, not a puppet to work with them. I was hoping CP may have some contacts and pull some rabbits out of his own hat but seen nothing so far.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Pretty sure David White (old board) was there.

this is what i'm wondering - seems to be the potential for a very hands on approach above team manager and therefore a yes man learning the ropes is ideal for them. I welcome some in the know people at board level but we need a manager, not a puppet to work with them. I was hoping CP may have some contacts and pull some rabbits out of his own hat but seen nothing so far.

He's signed six player. Two keepers one of whom was known to Ben Roberts, The Fulham keeper who knows, Nouble was at West Ham with Dyer, Bessone Powell would have known from watching Championship football, Parrett is a promising young England player and a creative midfielder. I was impressed but it's one game so far. BWP was top scorer in the division and Powell knows his dad.

Are they the right players? We shall see. We needed a regular left back and a creative CM so tick. Are they good enough? Too early to tell. We let Sodje and Abbott go and couldn't get Hayes (who would have been ideal) so we needed a target man hence Nouble. Still no new CH which Saturday again showed we badly need.
  • Options
    I heard they went to watch Bournemouth play.....just saying what i've heard from a sometimes reliable source :/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFC_Connor[/cite]I heard they went to watch Bournemouth play.....just saying what i've heard from a sometimes reliable source :/

bizarre if true
  • Options
    ' Interest has gone '
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]Apparently Muzza wasn't at the last home game either and virtually none of the old board (pre takeover) are to be seen any more. Muzza's probably on holiday but sad that the likes of Roger Alwyn don't seem to go any more. Maybe they sit elsewhere?

That'll be the old board of about two dozen members who sometimes struggled to put up a single director at away games, will it? The ones where the club was represented by Chris Parkes and Syd Cheeswright.

Or the old board where the chairman - Derek Chapple - wasn't seen for weeks at a time?

Richard Murray and Peter Varney have always been good attenders of away games, to be fair.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]Apparently Muzza wasn't at the last home game either and virtually none of the old board (pre takeover) are to be seen any more. Muzza's probably on holiday but sad that the likes of Roger Alwyn don't seem to go any more. Maybe they sit elsewhere?

That'll be the old board of about two dozen members who sometimes struggled to put up a single director at away games, will it? The ones where the club was represented by Chris Parkes and Syd Cheeswright.

Or the old board where the chairman - Derek Chapple - wasn't seen for weeks at a time?

Richard Murray and Peter Varney have always been good attenders of away games, to be fair.

Haven't got a clue. I'm all for the new lot just seems that the old lot seem to have dissapeared and don't really know what the story is but your tone seems to suggest that the old lot aren't necessarily flavour of the month with the new Airman. You learn something every day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]

He's signed six player. Two keepers one of whom was known to Ben Roberts, The Fulham keeper who knows, Nouble was at West Ham with Dyer, Bessone Powell would have known from watching Championship football, Parrett is a promising young England player and a creative midfielder. I was impressed but it's one game so far. BWP was top scorer in the division and Powell knows his dad.

Are they the right players? We shall see. We needed a regular left back and a creative CM so tick. Are they good enough? Too early to tell. We let Sodje and Abbott go and couldn't get Hayes (who would have been ideal) so we needed a target man hence Nouble. Still no new CH which Saturday again showed we badly need.

Looking forward to seeing Parret play tomorrow night. I hope CP becomes a success i really do but just can't see it on what he's done so far. He must have come across a few centre midfielders in his time surely?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[cite]

They obviously found it far too painful - especially Del Boy after his infamously ill-judged ''he'll be judged on results'' claim...

Don't know Michael Slater at all. I've only ever spoken to hiom once. But I think you will find TJ has been at almost every game, except when he has been out of the country and physically unable to attend. He does watch other teams, though, and will not hold back with ideas about players he would like us to sign - which I'd see as an entirely positive trait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Don't know Michael Slater at all. I've only ever spoken to hiom once. But I think you will find TJ has been at almost every game, except when he has been out of the country and physically unable to attend. He does watch other teams, though, and will not hold back with ideas about players he would like us to sign - which I'd see as an entirely positive trait.

Isn't that the football equivalent of a backseat driver?

I'm concerned that Powell will end up lumbered with players he doesn't want/need as a result of the actions of Jiminez and/or Vetere, a bit like signing both BWP and Ecclestone when one would have done
  • Options
    what the hell does it matter they might have been anywhere with anyone what business is it of ours
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]Haven't got a clue. I'm all for the new lot just seems that the old lot seem to have dissapeared and don't really know what the story is but your tone seems to suggest that the old lot aren't necessarily flavour of the month with the new Airman. You learn something every day.

Some were, some weren't. The point though is that if the current directors don't turn up every match it's nothing knew and nothing surprising. Steve Kavanagh's away on holiday and won't be there tomorrow either, if it's anyone's business. He certainly isn't scouting players.
  • Options
    I think at the moment that we need all the suggestions on new players that we can get. It would also be stupid to have someone with so many connections and not use them IMHO; that's one of the reasons he's here, right?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]

Oh dear.

Below Cheesewright in the pecking order Airman.

That must smart :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]I think at the moment that we need all the suggestions on new players that we can get. It would also be stupid to have someone with so many connections and not use them IMHO; that's one of the reasons he's here, right?

David Luiz
    Jack Wiltshire

If you want any more suggestions you just let me know. ;-)
  • Options
    David White was definitely at Dagenham. Didn't get chance to acknowledge him, but I saw him 'in the distance'.

I also saw Richard Murray at Milton Keynes, sprinting to his seat after a slightly late arrival.

More news from 'DirectorWatch' at Bournemouth on Saturday.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    David White was in the stand behind the Goal with the other away supporters at Dagenham. From what I could see, the Club appeared to be represented by Peter Varney and Sir Maurice Hatter, with Chris Parkes also in attendance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite][quoteThat'll be the old board of about two dozen members who sometimes struggled to put up a single director at away games, will it? The ones where the club was represented by Chris Parkes and Syd Cheeswright.

Thats a bit harsh. Derek Ufton, Dave White and Martin Simons were regular attendees all around the country.
  • Options
    Went for a beer with David in Bexley village after the game Saturday. He goes to most away games even if he does get his pregnant wife to pick him up :0)