Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

British Legal System

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
Total Disgrace. This bloke used to work at my school and got found out to be a pedo and all he gets is some reform crap. Just proves how bad our legal system really is, he should have been put behind bars.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/8922475.Former_teacher_sentenced_for_possessing_indecent_images_of_children/

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Remember a few years back I went to Southwark Crown Court to watch some cases (I'm a Law Student) and there was a very similar case only this time the defendant had done this before and had been warned he faced a certain custodial sentence if he did it again. He too avoided jail, can't remember the exact sentence but sure it was some community bullshit with an order not to go near a PC etc.

It was reported in the Sun the next day, they had a field day moaning at the lenient Judge.

I know prisons are overcrowded, there are debates whether they are effective, but seriously some people need locking up.
  • Options
    Not if there isn't substantial evidence to provide no doubt.