Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Fry - Gone?

WSSWSS
edited March 2011 in General Charlton
Looks that way:

@M_Fry90: Want 2 thank all #Cafc fans and staff for their love. Iv enjoyed my time at charlton! Gr8 club that deserves 2be back in prem! Best of luck!

Comments

• Options
    I had no problems with Fry. He gave his all in a position which was not his preferred.
  • Options
    Bessone must be fit.

For now.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, I didn't even get a SINK...!!
  • Options
    did his best, cant ask for much more, wonder if this means powell is going to bring in another loan?
  • Options
    Not been great in recent games and was poor at Dagenham but there is a decent player in there.

Good luck to him. Just wish we'd had the chance to see him at CH a bit more but with Doc and Dailly in such fine form how could they be dropped.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Bloody hell, I didn't even get a SINK...!!
    Semi-clique get sinks, outsiders get Room 101.
  • Options
    Fair play, liked him a lot at the start. Struggled a little as the season has gone on but sure he will turn out to be a very decent defender.

Pity in some ways as would have liked to have seen him at CB for longer as think that is his best long term position.

Hope Bessone is fit to start at LB tomorrow then.
  • Options
    good luck to him had nothink against him hopefuly solly will get a run
  • Options
    Good luck to him
    maybe the only player out of this lot i will clap next time he is at The Valley
    shame didnt get to see him at CH for a decent amount of games
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Bloody hell, I didn't even get a SINK...!!
    Semi-clique get sinks, outsiders get Room 101.
    At least I've made it to outsider, finally...!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]but with Doc and Dailly in such fine form how could they be dropped.

This is something that made me worry about Powell's management skills. Not only did CP say what a big loss Doc was but a senior squad member went to great lenghts to tell me the same a week ago. Personally I think Doc has been poor at best and although he hasn't been helped by our non existant midfield, I still think he ranks highly on the list of players who just aren't good enough.
  • Options
    Wish him all the best.

As others have said shame we didn't get to see him at CB, think he will go on to become a decent player, seems a nice bloke with his head screwed on as well so wish him nothing but success (unless he plays against us)

If West Ham don't want him I'd happily have him back again next season (preferably as a CH), he has lost form but so has the rest of the team.
  • Options
    Its a shame he is going back.I am sad he was never played at cb more often apart from Notts County at home. I also think he will be a good player and hope we might resign him one day if things do not work out at Wham.
  • Options
    wish him all the best. Not a LB but he tried and was okay. Would have liked to have seen him at CH. Hope Bessone is fit as we need to see him for a number of games to see if he is good enough for next season, leaving Jenks and Solly to fight it out for RB.
  • Options
    Rob Elliot's just wished him farewell on Twitter.
  • Options
    matt was a topman he gave 110 percent every single game, im kinda gutted that Matts Gone , but really don't know why ?. he wasn't the best .
    but i bet he's soo glad to be leaving right now as Charlton Are in FREEFALL !..
  • Options
    best wishes matt thanks giving it a good go!!
  • Options
    Tried hard, wasn't up to it.

Not sad to see him go tbh.

Maybe he will be a player in a few years, but as a loanee i am only interested in the present.
  • Options
    Another nail in the heart
  • Options
    good luck to him had some good games and some bad but at least he put the effort in, apart from saturday sorry matt but you was awful like the rest of em.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing against Fry personally but am I the only one who thought he was utter garbage and a liability? Pleased he has gone although it means we need a left back if Bessone isn't fit!
  • Options
    Player leaves and he's shit regardless of what he did, player joins and he's a soccer genius despite all evidence. Oh do be in the glass-overflowing camp, the Valley must seem a wonderful place full of possibility and wonder.
  • Options
    I've been saying Fry is shite for months so nothing to do with him leaving.
  • Options
    Shame as I would like to of seen him given a go at centre back.

Will probably go on to be a great player cause that happens to us a lot!!
  • Options
    started like he may have been alright but i thought he was junk basically .... he was probably charltonised , so best for him to go back
  • Options
    He did well before Xmas and has been very poor since. This poor form started before Parky left, so it's nowt to do with Powell.
    He's a young lad who has played a hell of a lot of games. Most managers say you can't play youngsters every week throughout a long season.
    He was playing out of position, he was possibly/probably very tired and his confidence also took a big knock after xmas.
    I think it's the right decision to let him return & thank him for his efforts. He's been a major weak link since Colchester A and Bessone was signed to strengthen that position.
    Best of luck Matt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Nothing against Fry personally but am I the only one who thought he was utter garbage and a liability? Pleased he has gone although it means we need a left back if Bessone isn't fit!
    Liability in what way? He started quite well at least even if his last few months weren't great.

I thought he was a decent player, limited going forward but he's a centre back. Lost confidence and form but he's young and no on has played well recently.
  • Options
    Best of luck to him. There's a very good player in there somewhere but here and now is not the time any player would want to be playing, least of all a rookie like him.
  • Options
    He did become a bit of a liability towards the end which is a surprise coz i rated him when he first came - also very strange he didn't get a run at centre back. I think the Spurs game was what really turned the screw for him. He was destroyed by townsend that day and wouldn't be surprised if he needed counselling and a psychological re construction after that.
  • Options
    Best of luck to him. Will keep an eye out for him in future. Started out brightly hope he makes it. He's a young lad lay off him a bit ay.