Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnny Robinson interview

Haven't seen this interview before.....

http://bit.ly/gLHLWB

Comments

• Options
    Nice to read that, I'll be honest - I didnt see the "businessman" in Mr Robinson.

Seems to have done well for himself. Good on him.
  • Options
    "SB: Which club in the UK do you support as a fan today?

JR: I still support Charlton Athletic because of my many years I played there and for what we achieved during that time."

Top man!
  • Options
    Shame he cant turn up to meetings when asked mind you.... not that I hold it against him or anything!
  • Options
    I'd have asked him:

Seeing as you enjoyed a successful career and are doing well with your business, why the long face?
  • Options
    "and in the season 2002 to 2003 finished seventh place in the English Premiership, the club's highest position to date, in the top division in England."

oh so when we finished 2nd 4th and 3rd in the top flight during the late thirties that doesn't count

and if you know your history it's enough to make your heart go whooooooooo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]"and in the season 2002 to 2003 finished seventh place in the English Premiership, the club's highest position to date, in the top division in England."

oh so when we finished 2nd 4th and 3rd in the top flight during the late thirties that doesn't count

and if you know your history it's enough to make your heart go whooooooooo

and 5th in the fifties.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

and 5th in the fifties.

how could i forget, of course Len our rightful position in any league we enter !

fans prolly weren't happy back then that we hadn't pushed on but i can still here a young Len Glover telling them but we're still fifth !
  • Options
    On Daybreak this morning!
  • Options
    I'd have had him by my side in the trenches. Legend!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hilarious...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Time hasn't been that good to him has it? At least he seems chirpy with life!
  • Options
    That equaliser against Man U after Ferguson took off Keane and Beckham thinking he had the game won will always remain one of my happiest memories. Legend.
  • Options
    thought he was a joke on the x factor...
  • Options
    My favourite ever player.
  • Options
    My favourite ever player.
    We used to run a sweep on how long it would be before he was booked each game. :)

• Options
    What was he doing on Daybreak?
  • Options
    Talking about his time on x Factor
  • Options

Whose that scoring goals....
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Can't get the link to the interview to work - love the comment about the sweep about how long it would be before he got booked! I used to work with Andy D'Urso, and remember mentioning JR to him!
  • Options
    I've got quite a long list of favorite players, but he's definitely near the top. I remember reading a write-up about one of our matches where the journo jokingly said that Curbs had brought JR on to calm things down!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't get the link to the interview to work - love the comment about the sweep about how long it would be before he got booked! I used to work with Andy D'Urso, and remember mentioning JR to him!
    Try this link

http://www.soccerbanter.org/john-robinson.html
  • Options
    Went to his testimonial dinner in Brighton, top bloke, great player and a legend!
  • Options
    Cheers - Personally I don't like the use of the word 'soccer' though. I mix with some people from the US Emb, and we have a lot of banter 'correcting' their English when they're at the british Club!
  • Options
    Anyone gotta good link?
  • Options
    The answer my friend, is.....
  • Options
    The best player he played with - Ryan Giggs

Not Paul Bacon, Kim Grant or Paul Sturgess? Outrageous!

To be fair, soccer is an old British term, that's fallen out of favour over here. Charlton won the Guinness Soccer Six in the late 80s!
  • Options
    My favourite player , could always count on Robbo to give his all .
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    If ever there was a player with more determination to succeed can there be a more classic example than Johnny Rob.
    In all honesty he had quite limited footballing abilities 'as proffesionals go that is'........but what he did have was 101% belief, application and pure desire to win at just about any cost.........which quite naturaly turned him into a crowd favourite with us.
    Became quite something of a ledge in Wales as well of course.
    Great player and you'd be happy to have him in the trenches alongside you all day long.
  • Options
    I remember i went on his "soccer school" that was at my school for a half term week. Near the end of the week we got photos taken with him and he was absolutely chuffed when I came in in my Charlton shirt.