Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are the play-offs impossible?

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
Maybe feeling a bit optimistic after last night, is there anyway it can be achieved?

Comments

• Options
    yes they are impossible and no it won't be achieved
  • Options
    No they are not impossible but we wont do it.
  • Options
    mathmatically... yes

going to happen... more chance of brighton getting relegated than us getting promoted
  • Options
    yes, next question?
  • Options
    there possible plenty of games if we went on a run,might even get back to fifth...
  • Options
    One draw and everyone's all optimistic again.

We are still more likely to be relegated than make the play-offs.
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    We need to carry more of an attacking threat than we do - Most of the remaining games have to be won and as we haven't won one in nine there is little to suggest it is within our powers.

I saw a glimmer of hope last night - I think it will need Anyinsah to stay fit and the attack to click, Bessone to stay fit giving the defence balance and Racon to continue at that intensity and Parrett to grow - there were signs last night that he has what we are looking for. You can see a team that could go on a run from that. But in all honesty can you see that happening - realistically we will win a few, draw a few and lose a few and that won't be enough. But It is wrong to say impossible, just unlikely.

I could also see a team that was a bit toothless and whilst competing some of the final balls were same old same old -same old. Bournemouth will be a key game- they have gone off the boil - will we carry on where we left of or put in a D&R esque performance. They certainly won't be short of determination but if we chp away their confidence may be brittle and the pressure is more on them - we need to look to capitalise on that. I still can't see us winning it but maybe that is my defence mechanism after so many false dawns.
  • Options
    LOL!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]We need to carry more of an attacking threat than we do - Most of the remaining games have to be won and as we haven't won one in nine there is little to suggest it is within our powers.

I saw a glimmer of hope last night - I think it will need Anyinsah to stay fit and the attack to click, Bessone to stay fit giving the defence balance and Racon to continue at that intensity and Parrett to grow - there were signs last night that he has what we are looking for. You can see a team that could go on a run from that. But in all honesty can you see that happening - realistically we will win a few, draw a few and lose a few and that won't be enough. But It is wrong to say impossible, just unlikely.

I could also see a team that was a bit toothless and whilst competing some of the final balls were same old same old -same old. Bournemouth will be a key game- they have gone off the boil - will we carry on where we left of or put in a D&R esque performance. They certainly won't be short of determination but if we chp away their confidence may be brittle and the pressure is more on them - we need to look to capitalise on that. I still can't see us winning it but maybe that is my defence mechanism after so many false dawns.

Spot on.

Firstly. Lets see what happens in the next couple of games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Completely out of the question.