Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

May 8th - **Dinner Cancelled**

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
On May 8th Charlton are celebrating 13 years since winning the playoff final. My dad's words will never be forgotten -- ''Why is Rufus going up, he never bloody scores''....

Anyway, everyone tells me it was a great day. I remember getting to the pub and getting to Blackheath in the evening, most of the rest is a bit hazy.

I will have a table for 10 at £550.00 in the name of Londons finest digital printer - Printflow. Anyone else going?

Comments

• Options
    What happened to the Moroccan & Belgian ?
  • Options
    On a serious note, Moroccan still joining in the summer, Belgian fell through.

Mustafa Chocolate.......
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: masicat[/cite]On a serious note, Moroccan still joining in the summer, Belgian fell through.

Mustafa Chocolate.......[/quote]

Bit like Mark Fish then, he fell through a coffee table
  • Options
    bit p*ssed off by this!

only bought my tickets this morning!!!!
  • Options
    No CLIT, no Boys of 98, they'll be canceling the end of season Promotion party next...
  • Options
    Well they've already cancelled this season.
  • Options
    Sorry WSS any chance of pasteing the words up as CAFC is banned at work.

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    There you go Left Behind:

Boys of '98 dinner cancelled
    Posted on: Thu 31 Mar 2011

Matt Wright reports

The Boys of '98 dinner scheduled to take place at The Valley on Sunday, May 8th has been cancelled due to the unavailability of a number of key players from Charlton's First Division play-off-winning side, the club announced on Wednesday.

Addicks chief executive Stephen Kavanagh said: "It's a great shame we have had to postpone the event because ticket sales had gone very well and I know many people were looking forward to the dinner.

"It was set to be a sell-out, and ITV had also been commissioned to produce a special commemorative DVD for the evening.

"We will now look to resurrect the event at a future date, but in the meantime, all those who have already paid for their tickets will be reimbursed over the next few days."
  • Options
    you'd have thought the players would have been sounded out first as to their availability for an event like this before all the organising process got going
    or was it a case of the players catching a bit of the johnny robinsons
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers
  • Options
    I hope Weegie hadnt booked her flights!
  • Options
    In my spare time I play in a 5-piece band and getting all of them into the same room at the same time can be a challenge, so imagine how difficult it would be to get everyone from the '98 squad there.
  • Options
    Any reason for canceling it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Any reason for canceling it?

"Unavailability of a number of key players" would be my guess : - )
  • Options
    we aint got no key players
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bertpalmer[/cite]we aint got no key players

Key players from '98
  • Options
    Sad, I hope this get's re-arranged.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I hope Weegie hadnt booked her flights!

Of course we had...and booked time off work on the Monday morning. I am not amused - Mr Kavanagh will be getting one stinker of a letter from me! How can they announce something like this, then find out people are unavailable? I am extremely pee'd off.
  • Options
    misunderstood,would love a squad of 98 qualities now,apologies
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isn't the idea to check the availability of the guests before you organise the event?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: alicwkd[/cite]Isn't the idea to check the availability of the guests before you organise the event?

Yeah, but people can always change their plans. It happens.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if they started dropping out when it began to look like they'd be on the teamsheet for the next game!
  • Options
    If, say Clive Mendonca couldn't make it, then it would be a tad disappointing without him.
  • Options
    Yes and Rufus or Curbs?

I wonder if because the long weekend before messed plans up as people could be making the most of that for a holiday? I am! Let me know what he says Weegie.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Yes and Rufus or Curbs?

I wonder if because the long weekend before messed plans up as people could be making the most of that for a holiday? I am! Let me know what he says Weegie.

Sasa's got to be there too !
  • Options
    Just had a reply from Steve Kavanagh (I emailed him yesterday). Does not shed an awful lot of light on why it has been cancelled beyond what has been said:

"all I can really do is apologise, I understood arrangements were fully in place but as we know and especially with footballers circumstances change. We could have carried on without certain key members of the team but in the circumstances we felt it better to cancel than leave people travelling for you after the event to tell me x, y and z weren’t there and it wasn’t as advertised. It was a tough call but ultimately the right one for the right reasons."

But he has replied quickly, and offered us directors' box tickets for the Hartlepool match to make our weekend "a bt more special". That's a nice gesture. Guess I'll have to watch my Ps and Qs that day ;-) Just hope it's a meaningless match and not a relegation battle!
  • Options
    That is a very nice gesture.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Just had a reply from Steve Kavanagh (I emailed him yesterday). Does not shed an awful lot of light on why it has been cancelled beyond what has been said:

"all I can really do is apologise, I understood arrangements were fully in place but as we know and especially with footballers circumstances change. We could have carried on without certain key members of the team but in the circumstances we felt it better to cancel than leave people travelling for you after the event to tell me x, y and z weren’t there and it wasn’t as advertised. It was a tough call but ultimately the right one for the right reasons."

But he has replied quickly, and offered us directors' box tickets for the Hartlepool match to make our weekend "a bt more special". That's a nice gesture. Guess I'll have to watch my Ps and Qs that day ;-) Just hope it's a meaningless match and not a relegation battle!

I think Hartlepool will be safe by then.

Well done to Mr Kavanagh, he's not as bad as everyone says he is behind his back. In fact I think he's alright

: - )
  • Options
    Anyone got Steve Kavanagh's email..? I wouldn't mind blagging a couple of hob-nob seats meself, long as I didn't have to sit next to Dennis Wise...