Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2 right footed players down the left? LOVELY

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
2 right footed plays down the left what great balance that provides

Comments

• Options
    Grow some balls Powell if you wana play racon fine in cm but if you don't, don't try acomadate him on left. What's Reid done for you not to give him a chance? Slept with your wife?
  • Options
    Is anyone else welcome in this conversation?

What's Reid done to get a chance? He looks unmotivated, out of condition and as tunnel-visioned as ever. One of the biggest individual disappointments of the entire season to me.
  • Options
    Oh dear
  • Options
    I suspect AFKA already has "Do One" pencilled in...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I suspect AFKA already has "Do One" pencilled in...

I'm expecting better than that! : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red one[/cite]2 right footed plays down the left what great balance that provides

Firstly Bessone is left footed - as evidenced by his ability to pass and cross with his left foot. The fact he used his right is merely because he can....

Racon is better out wider as he becomes an outlet and when he loses possession it's not as dangerous

So if you have to play with the foot that reflects where you play should Semedo and Parrett use their cock to pass?
  • Options
    I presume that RedOne refers to the card which you should be offered.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It was mentioned on another thread by someone and I noticed this the other night , Bessone takes free kicks with his left foot so I presume he is left footed . However he also enjoys cutting in on the right .I believe he can play well with both feet and hope we sign him in the summer .
  • Options
    Apart from the fact, that as has been pointed out, one of the players in question is actually left footed there's a number of decent players that ply their trade on the "wrong" side. Would you be whinging about an Arjen Robben/Phillipp Lahm combo? A lot of people might have that as their left side in a world 11.

You'd kind of think that Powelly might know a bit about playing fullback.
  • Options
    Inverted wingers is now very common throughout Europe, although I would say that it is more useful when a formation with a single central striker is used. When you have 2 central strikers in a 4-4-2, you don't really want your wide players cutting inside and not crossing. Capello tried it for England a few games ago (I forget whether it was a qualifier or friendly) with Adam Johnson on the right and a right footed player on the left hand side and the front 2 of Rooney and Crouch got zero decent service.

Racon is playing as a very wide central midfielder as opposed to a traditional winger. This is acceptable if the right hand side contributes significantly in an attacking sense. Solly and Wagstaff tried to do this on Tuesday but the final ball was poor more often than not.

We don't seem to have the right blend of players to make any system work fluidly at the moment, but Racon is more deserving of a place than Reid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not only is Bessone clearly left footed, although a great asset to be so comfortable on his right but Racon is also fairly strong on his left. Remember the Southend and Yeovil goals this season!
  • Options
    Actually, watching Racon recently, every time he crosses or shoots from the edge of the box, and in the shooting training before the game, he always checks onto his left foot, so I have come to the conclusion that he is both footed, but he actually feels more confident on his left foot, and that is why he has been playing out there recently. He is 10x better than Reid has been this season, and I think that speaks volumes about Reid, came here last year to earn a contract, now he has that he doesn't seem that bothered when he plays.
  • Options
    The right-foot, left-foot debate is a fascinating one. Of course, most good pros should be two-footed, but there are many exceptions.

Coaching tip .... watch which foot the player generally dribbles with. That's where the preferred foot is revealed.
  • Options
    Anyone ever heard of John Robinson?
  • Options
    Anyone ever heard of professional footballers who can kick with both feet?
  • Options
    Matt Jarvis is right footed and has played on the left wing all his career...............oh, and has just been called up to the England squad.........
  • Options
    Powell is reluctant to play two out an out wingers in some games

Reid has been rubbish end product wise for some time, and Jackson is injured - hence Racon in there

Next!?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerwasgod[/cite]Matt Jarvis is right footed and has played on the left wing all his career...............oh, and has just been called up to the England squad.........

Matt Jarvis is an orthodox winger. Racon is a central midfielder pushed out onto the left. On Tuesday he wandered all over the place, which can be a problem for the opposition when trying to pick him up, but can also give the opposition right back space to come forward and over-load our left back area 2 v 1 if he doesnt track back. Lets see how it works away from home where we will have less possession and probably have to defend more.
  • Options
    Reid has been harshly judged this year because he has mostly played with the support (or lack of) of Fry so has been doubled up on.

Mark Bowen was a right footed left back who was also rather useful.

The issue of crossing assumes we have a decent header of the ball (or two) in the middle. The only player closely resembling this was Abbott and he was too slow to keep up with wingers who beat their man. Jury still out on Nouble's ability in the air. Hence our lack of creativity.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Jury still out on Nouble's ability in the air.

Is it?

He's crap, M'Lud.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Jury still out on Nouble's ability in the air.

Is it?

He's crap, M'Lud.

The member of the jury from Bromley concurs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red one[/cite]Grow some balls Powell if you wana play racon fine in cm but if you don't, don't try acomadate him on left. What's Reid done for you not to give him a chance? Slept with your wife?

Dime?

Bar?
  • Options
    The thread title is so stupid I'm not even going to bother to post.
  • Options
    And me