Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pub for Bournemouth (AFKA no need to look)

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
Any ideas of a meeting place before the game saturday?

Comments

• Options
    nasty
  • Options
    LOL! Carter has been sent on a scouting mission as he lands in Bournemouth tomorrow afternoon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]LOL! Carter has been sent on a scouting mission as he lands in Bournemouth tomorrow afternoon.

Im not sure mine and carters idea of a pub are the same!!! I wont be able to look on here tomorrow got golf so hence asking early

[cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]nasty

Only playing ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Any ideas of a meeting place before the game saturday?

any ideas on gentlemens establishments after the game?
  • Options
    Staying at the travelodge in bournemouth.

Arriving at 11am after a nice fry-up at Mums cafe in Welling. Parking up at the hotel and then going straight to the game, into a pub near the ground.

After kick off straight into a nearby pub for England game, or try and grab a taxi into town to watch in Walkabout bar or some lively boozer. Probably won't check into the hotel until the early hours of the evening but who cares.

Can't wait!
  • Options
    Around a 10-15 minute walk away is the Sir Percy Florence Wetherspoon outlet on Christchurch Street, in nearby Boscombe. Away fans are welcome at this pub, but no colours are allowed. Next door from Wetherspoons is the Mello Mello bar which also admits away supporters (and with colours). Otherwise alcohol is available to visiting supporters inside the stadium at £3 a pint.
  • Options
    Brasshouse in the town centre is pretty good or The Walkabout!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thought I'd better pipe up and add my piece..!

The Queens Park pub near the entrance to the ground splits itself into two for home / away fans. Recently been done up, not bad.

The ground sits in Boscombe, bout 2 miles from the town centre and has a couple of half decent pubs. The Percy Florence Weatherspoon is OK but has been said, no colours. There is another down the road opposite boscombe station called The Seabourne which is a nice sports-type bar and a walk away. No colours again though.

Of course then there's the town centre. Walkabout, Yates...al what you would expect. A long walk or short taxi ride to the ground.

This is classed as a high profile game here and as such they get a little picky on the pub doors so if you are colour-clad, the Queens Park or Bournemouth town centre are your best bets. Will be rammed up town for the England game after!
  • Options
    I leave to go behind enemy lines in 9 hours

I will pass on the findings of my mission
  • Options
    Sitting in the whetherspoons now loads of Charlton. Sun is shining. Can't wait!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    coyr
  • Options
    Bournemouth 0 - 3 Charlton