Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Loan Signings - From Crap to... Brap?

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
Following on from that David James column thread, who in your opinion is the best loan signing we ever had, and who was the worst?

Comments

• Best: East... Jorge Costa
    Worst: Harder... Scott Sinclair?
  • Jorge Costa- best and favourite closely followed by Carson and Song
    Worst- Neil Etheridge*

*actually most of Pardew's but Cook and Sinclair stand out.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    Worst- Neil Etheridge

Thats a bit harsh - his manager was being a twat and recalled him!
  • [cite]Posted By: PaulCAFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    Worst- Neil Etheridge

Thats a bit harsh - his manager was being a twat and recalled him!

Yeah I wasn't being serious, hence the real answer just below.
  • Neil Heaney deserves a mention.
  • While thinking about the whole best and worst charlton loan I found this list of transfers http://www.neilbrown.newcastlefans.com/charlton/charlton.htm
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Neil Heaney deserves a mention.

Can't agree there, Red Army.

Heaney wasn't a spectacular stand out player, but his midfield graft and team ethic really tightened up our amazing playoff winning run-in at the end of season 97-98.

Along with Sasa Ilic, Danny Mills and Eddie Youds, Heaney was a valuable member of the side that Curbs rebuilt with 10 matches of the season remaining. That's why Curbs picked him.
  • Best - Jorge Costa by a mile

Worst is hard. Carlton Cole was a lazy arrogant player.
  • Omosuzi must be in the running for worst loan.
  • Costa...it will take something really really special to oust him as our best loanee of all time.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Starinnaddick[/cite]Omosuzi must be in the running for worst loan.[/quote]

Actually, he got better as the games wore on and wasn't that bad

Best had to be Costa, but Smertin was decent, and Song too

I would have to put Sinclair as my worst, but I didn't think Butterfield was a good call, that man stunk of Palace!
  • Smertin & Song run Costa pretty close.........and Carson was POTY that season, so wasn't a bad loanee either.

Lee Cook must give Cole & Sinclair (2 Chelsea boys........makes you think, Doesn't it) a run for their money too !
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Neil Heaney deserves a mention.

Heaney wasn't a spectacular stand out player, but his midfield graft and team ethic really tightened up our amazing playoff winning run-in at the end of season 97-98.

Along with Sasa Ilic, Danny Mills and Eddie Youds, Heaney was a valuable member of the side that Curbs rebuilt with 10 matches of the season remaining. That's why Curbs picked him.

Agree with that totally
  • Best: Alan Kernaghan

Worst: Mike Small
  • Best: Costa
    Worst: Cook

BTW - WTF does 'brap' mean?
  • [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Neil Heaney deserves a mention.

Agree with that totally

I meant a positive mention, he was in the team that gave me my best ever day as a Charlton fan, that's good enough for me.
  • edited March 2011
    Best: Song or Costa

Worst: Lindsey Hamilton, Chris Wilder and Iain Ferguson
  • A bit unfair Clem Rangers nbr three Goalkeeper Lindsey Hamilton only ever played in Steve Gritt's Testimonial and never let in a goal V Spurs . I think he even saved a penalty.
  • I thought Murty done us OK but would have to go for Carson & Song

Worst def Cook
  • Best: Carson or Costa
    Worse: Butterfield
  • Sponsored links:

• Best: Costa
    Worst: Butters
    [cite]Posted By: Starinnaddick[/cite]Omosuzi must be in the running for worst loan.
    After a shakey start wasn't that bad and wasn't really on loan
  • Best: Omar Pouso

Worst: Jon Spector
  • best:alan kernaghan

worst:tom hovi
  • Best: The club's overdraft from the Bank Manager. It kept us alive as a club.

Worst:
    The club's overdraft from the Bank Manager. They gave, they taketh away.
    We could have gone into administration.