Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time is running out to renew Season Tickets - Deadline Monday 4th April

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
If you wish to guarantee your seat for next season's promotion run, you have 1 week to do it :-

http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/TicketNews/0,,10267~2316971,00.html

Comments

• Options
    Yes, that's right because by 9am on Tuesday there will be queue of people waiting to snap up any seat not purchased by Monday's deadline.

Oh, not to mention the fact that the price will definitely go up if we are promoted, and the club are reserving the right to put prices up after 4th April to entice those that weren't sure they wanted to renew with the current (lower) prices.

Those running the club are not silly. They must know that if they sell a seat that has been a season ticket holders for several seasons to someone else then that fan will just not buy a season ticket for 2011/12. Why would you bother paying for a whole season upfront when you can't have the seat you've always had?

I understand the PR of making fans believe that they will lose their seat if they don't renew by 4th April, but frankly, those running the club would be mad to actually sell those seats to someone else.

Time will tell, I guess.
  • Options
    I thought the 4th was just the cheap price - not the renewal of seat?
  • Options
    whatever the dealine and whatever it's for, it'll be extended.....it always is
  • Options
    Just read this on the OS:

"Season tickets will go on sale on March 1st and the current prices are only guaranteed until April 4th. They are likely to be reviewed if the team is promoted to the Championship."

It doesn't say that any seats not purchased will be available for general sale from 5th April. It, also, doesn't say that the price will go up if we are promoted, if suggests that it is likely which is obviously not the same thing.

On reflection I think my earlier post was a little unfair, all be it that Airman Brown did say on here that the club are not guaranteeing the price if we don't go up.

I suspect that with us looking an outside chance for automatic promotion, and a shoe in for the playoffs at the least, when the pricing structure was decided, the deal was like last season, third division price with the potential of second division football.

At the risk of upsetting those that have already renewed, I would think that the best course of action now would be for the club to reserve current ticket holders seats until as late as possible, so that they can sign some players and demonstrate their intentions. That way those that have doubts will still be able to secure their own seat when it is clear what sort of season we are going to have.

If they don’t do that, and they make it clear that seats will be lost if they are not bought before the summer squad building begins, it might give the impression that the new squad will be a little underwhelming.

The club are in an impossible position. Sooner or later they are going to have to make the deal much less attractive after the early deadline, or more and more fans will just ignore it and renew in the summer to enable them to delay the costs as long as possible. I would guess that a price increase would be the safer option as fans might pay more but are likely to pay on a match by match basis if they lose their seat.

I do remember some disgruntled fans on here last summer when it dawned on them that they had paid the same price in March as other fans were paying in August.

I haven’t renewed yet and, despite the fact that I like to keep as much of my money as possible, I would consider it my own fault if I had to pay more in June, July or August after the club had spent millions on new players. However, if the club are going to build a squad of freebies and loans and look no stronger next season that this then I think I would seriously consider letting my season ticket go and paying match by match – especially as I wouldn’t expect to go to as many games if we are going to be as good as we have been this season.
  • Options
    Im gonna wait till later in the year to renew mine, it will only sit on my credit card gathering interest anyway.

Just hope there is enough money when my house move goes through to renew my 2.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Barring unforeseen circumstances (for example, the online booking system collapses again), we won't be extending the deadline. The current position is that we don't guarantee your seat will be available to you after April 4th; and we don't guarantee the current prices will be extended.

No decisions have been taken internally, but I think if I'd rushed to renew by a deadline I'd be a bit disappointed if the same offer turned out to be available again a week later. It was a bit different at this time last year, because promotion was still a substantial possibility.
  • Options
    Take it from me.........Your seat IS Guaranteed!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Take it from me.........Your seat IS Guaranteed!!!

Thanks Chirpy Red. I'll be renewing the night before the first home game of the season then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Take it from me.........Your seat IS Guaranteed!!!

I will be purchasing your seat on the 5th :-)

NB I think Airman vindicates my post as things stand.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    bugger !!!!!!!!! so my seats not guaranteed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy shit i guess i will have to see if there are any spaces not occupied and try sit there. who knows i might be lucky and find one ------------------------------or 12,000 . and a view of the pitch ? not really a selling point this year is it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fact is the only reason I am going at the moment is to catch up with friends and family, it certainly isnt for the football.

I cannot afford to renew at the moment and believe me if my seats are gone in June then I wont renew.

April is far far too early to have to guarantee your seat, just add that to the list of mistakes from the owners.
  • Options
    Another season in L1 - I predict:

1) the season ticket price is not going to be increased massively after the current deadline

and

2) people need not worry about losing their seats.
  • Options
    I filled in the forms for myself, my son and an extra so he can take a mate.

A bit irritating that you can apply for mre than one ticket on a single form and so have to fill in debit card details every time.

Also amazed that the return envelope was franked. It's standard that when you want customers to buy an expensive product you make it as easy as possible for them to do so. How many people are going to put the envelope aside because they don't have a stamp and change their minds in the intervening period. If it's more than a couple, the club will have lost money.

Also started filling out a Valley Gold membership. Options for payment are either standing order or cheque. I don't have a chequebook and I couldn't remember my bank's address so I put it aside. Maybe I'll get round to checking my bank's address, filling in the form, finding a stamp and sending it off. Maybe I'll forget. If there had been an option to pay by card, the club would have had £120 tomorrow.

I think the club's administration is generally excellent, but it really needs to learn a few things about making it easy for its fans to give it money.
  • Options
    Valley Gold is run by a separate entity and transactions cannot be processed through the club's credit card arrangements. They would like to take credit cards, but the up-front cost doesn't stack up because most people pay by standing order.
  • Options
    'April is far far too early to have to guarantee your seat'

I agree. A £50 discount isn't much of an incentive for me to rush it into the post. And, yes, I really don't think there's any worry about losing your seats.
  • Options
    I agree it is far to soon to be pestering fans about renewing.

Also i want the club to introduce an initiative to us .
    This will be our 3rd season in league 1, and it ain't easy.
    What i can't help but think is that if we progress back to the prem (one day) us suckers pumping money into the club when it needs it most, will get pushed aside if the seats start filling again.

Of course V.G and 5 year ST holders deserve priority, but just underneath that i would hope to see a " league one losers" bracket in the future.
  • Options
    I'm not sure the club keep information for that long. I know it was mentioned on here some time ago that the club doesn't know how long current season ticket holders have had a ST. Thus, those of us that were season ticket holders at Selhurst Park were not differentiated against by those that bought s ST in the Premier League to turn up half a dozen times a season to watch the glamour games.

Admittedly there are probably none of those type left now, but if the historical information is discarded we are all treated the same.
  • Options
    I would imagine that one of the biggest headaches the club has at the moment is working out how to get bums on seats as we face another year in L1 without upsetting the loyal fans who bought the 5-year season tickets. Not a lot of room for manoeuvre there.