Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Japan Benefit Gig - Brixton

Anyone going along to this?

Got my tickets last week.

Beady Eye, Richard Ashcroft, Graham Coxon, Paul Weller, The Coral and Primal Scream.

Comments

• Options
    Yep. Me, the wife, Buckshee and a good many others are going.

Great line-up (apart from Ashcroft). Curious to see what Beady Eye are like. Reports of their recent live shows have been positive but I'm not convinced by what I've heard on record.
  • Options
    April 17th at Dingwalls, (Jongleurs) Camden Lock, rockabilly all dayer to raise funds for Japan too. Loads of top rockin' bands and DJs. £10 a ticket.
  • Options
    I dont reckon they need the money anyway , i saw an interview at the weekend with some bloke and he had 2 massive boats on his driveway
  • Options
    I'm sorry and am ready to be shot down in flames over this..... But this fund raising venture, however well meant does not sit happily with me. Sure go if you want but give your money and the moey raised to a country that really needs it. Of course there has been the most awful devistation in Japan, but they are one of the richest and most organiased countrys in the world. I'm not saying that the people don't need help but goodness there are many more people in the world that do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I'm sorry and am ready to be shot down in flames over this..... But this fund raising venture, however well meant does not sit happily with me. Sure go if you want but give your money and the moey raised to a country that really needs it. Of course there has been the most awful devistation in Japan, but they are one of the richest and most organiased countrys in the world. I'm not saying that the people don't need help but goodness there are many more people in the world that do.

people will go to this gig cos they want to see the bands, chirpy. the majority won't be wedging out for the cause, they're paying to see a great line-up. it might make us feel better that the bands/venue/promoters won't be making the usual profit which is instead going towards something more worthwhile but we're not choosing a charity here. we're going to see what we hope will be a fantastic gig.
  • Options
    I totally agree with you. Sounds a great gig, great venue. But any monies raised should, imo, go elsewhere.
  • Options
    Dang, I missed out on this. Only wanted to see Weller though, even though I'm not sure about his new band. Many Weller fans have said it, but it's never been the same since Steve White left. Plus I miss seeing his Charlton bass drum!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]Yep. Me, the wife, Buckshee and a good many others are going.

Great line-up (apart from Ashcroft). Curious to see what Beady Eye are like. Reports of their recent live shows have been positive but I'm not convinced by what I've heard on record.

I saw Beady Eye on Friday at the Royal Festival Hall. They were as expected. Played all new songs. Oasis without Noel. Liam was on good form.
    It was like going to an Oasis gig where they played their less popular songs. Good but not great.
  • Options
    I am only going for the music. If it was bono, coldplay and madonna I wouldnt be there, charity or not.

Saw Weller a couple years ago, wasnt impressed, plus all his stuff from the last 15 years has been crap.
    Beady Eyes album has 4-5 good songs, couple fillers and a couple poor ones.
    Seen Coxon and Coral a couple times, both good live.
    Looking forward to Primal Scream again mainly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I'm sorry and am ready to be shot down in flames over this..... But this fund raising venture, however well meant does not sit happily with me. Sure go if you want but give your money and the moey raised to a country that really needs it. Of course there has been the most awful devistation in Japan, but they are one of the richest and most organiased countrys in the world. I'm not saying that the people don't need help but goodness there are many more people in the world that do.

I assume you felt the same way about the recent floods in Australia and 9/11?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kelly Jones has been added now, going to be doing an acoustic set

LINK
  • Options
    weller was the absolute nuts tonight. jam stuff an all. walsh child, the new album is superb, what you on about.

primal scream, amazing as ever. reliving the naughty days but got work in the morning.

beady eye? can't follow the modfather and the scream. bit dull that, liam.

good threads on show though.
  • Options
    weller was the absolute nuts tonight. jam stuff an all. walsh child, the new album is superb, what you on about.

primal scream, amazing as ever. reliving the naughty days but got work in the morning.

beady eye? can't follow the modfather and the scream. bit dull that, liam.

good threads on show though.
  • Options
    Very good night in all. Still find Weller to be disappointing. Jam stuff- great, style council - great, Weller - crap. Even joined in with a couple renditions of valley Floyd road with a couple blokes behind me
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Very good night in all. Still find Weller to be disappointing. Jam stuff- great, style council - great, Weller - crap. Even joined in with a couple renditions of valley Floyd road with a couple blokes behind me

wake up the nation is a superb album, mate. and he did some stanley road tunes too.

much better than beady eye, the crowd were noticeably underwhelmed after weller and the scream.

and buckshee gave some palace fool a mouthful.
  • Options
    I think scream stole the show. Was waiting for a big my generation at the end though
  • Options
    across the universe was beady eye's best moment.
  • Options
    Even then, most of the crowd seemed lost and confused when they played it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]and buckshee gave some palace fool a mouthful.
    What happened, was the guy scarf twirling?
  • Options
    Listened to some of it on XFM in the car on the way back from Peter Kay O2 gig last night.

Liam sounded very average, having said that probably the first time I have heard him live sober.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]and buckshee gave some palace fool a mouthful.
    What happened, was the guy scarf twirling?

mouthing off at the bar, not knowing his history, the usual nonsense from them lot.

going to work the day after a gig was a lot easier in my 20s....
  • Options
    Its not alot easier. Only just perked up after a fry up
  • Options
    What song did Primal Scream play in-between Move On Up and Loaded last night? It is doing my head in