Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eddie Stobart - RIP

Comments

• 56 - that's no age. RIP
  • Thought he would keep on truckin' for ever. RIP
  • He was a lot younger than I thought he was!

RIP
  • Technically he's not the original "Eddie", that was his dad, but he's the guy that built the company.
  • Good god he was only the same age as I've just become!!!

RIP sir.
  • 56? Heart attack? About right for truckers. One of the most stressful jobs going and a diet of motorway food. OK, so it was probably awhile since he had to rewind his tacograph but you know what I mean...
  • Met him on a few occasions through work in the late eighties/early nineties. He was alledgedly the biggest single contributor to the Morman faith in this country for a while.

RIP Eddie
  • On the way home from Rochdale our coach driver was doing some Stobart spotting. He told us you can always spot a Stobart lorry in the dark as they have three red lights at the top of their trailers and three small white lights on the cab radiator. He'll be one upset man today.
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Technically he's not the original "Eddie", that was his dad, but he's the guy that built the company.
    Cheers for clearing that one up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame..........Thought he was in for the long haul.
  • [cite]Posted By: Penfolds Perm[/cite]Met him on a few occasions through work in the late eighties/early nineties. He was alledgedly the biggest single contributor to the Morman faith in this country for a while.

RIP Eddie
    'Allegedly' ordinarily means 'bollocks'. In this case, it means... bollocks.
  • A very selfless man, never forgot the little people when he made it big.

RIP Eddie
  • Well, he'd been HGV positive for a long time.

I'll get my coat.
  • "That's Logistics"

Or at least it was.
  • [cite]Posted By: sadiejane1981[/cite]A very selfless man, never forgot the little people when he made it big.

RIP Eddie

Indeed, I came across him at a business thingy once. Nice man. RIP
  • Intelligent and, erm ...... articulated.

Always came across as a people person.
    Shame, 56 is far too young.
  • And there was me thinking it was just the lorries that were limited to 56...
  • I remember Stig's comment on this thread about Carlisle:

www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=29999&page=1#Item_12

"Eddie Stobart is not only Carlisle's wealthiest entrepreneur, he is also the Mayor and holds the title First Lord of Carlise. One of his official duties, which he takes very seriously, is to de-flower all virgin brides that are married within the city walls. He commemorates each one by naming a lorry after them. "

Absolute classic
  • They are making a film of his life, I've a seen a trailer already.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Tommy Dowling[/cite]On the way home from Rochdale our coach driver was doing some Stobart spotting. He told us you can always spot a Stobart lorry in the dark as they have three red lights at the top of their trailers and three small white lights on the cab radiator. He'll be one upset man today.

There was an article about stobart spotters on tv a few years ago. The lorries have all got women's names and people actually go around writing down ones they've seen!