Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Which players would you like to still be here next season?

2»

Comments

• The most important one is BWP, finally we have a 20 goal a season striker anyone needs if they want to be promoted.

Jackson, Semedo, Racon all decent players, even if we sign better they are still very good back up.

The whole defence can go and I include Bessone in that. Solly is staying which I'm happy about as I think he can improve with us. This defence seemingly can't defend so a new on can't be any worse or slow.
  • Would you take a pay cut from 6000 a week to 2000.
  • Semedo and Racon probably haven't shown enough to get that sort of contract elsewhere tbh
  • edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Athletico Charlton[/cite]Hope Semedo takes apay cut and stays as a defender,

Well, whatever a player earns is between him and the club; none of our business.

Semedo as a defender, probably at full back, would be worth keeping.

But I do believe the time has come to relieve him of his midfield berth ..... time to put in a defensive CM with more mobility and vision. That would change the dynamic of our midfield. Chance for Michael Stewart now to show what he can do.

That might tick the box for both Semedo and Stewart next season.
  • If it was the end of your contract , then yes.
  • edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: O-Randy-Hunt[/cite]Would you take a pay cut from 6000 a week to 2000.

Can't see him getting 6k per week anywhere else so he's gonna have to take a cut of some sort, wherever he ends up.

I don't think we need as big a clear-out as some might suggest. Although mainly as squad players, my list to keep would be:

1. Elliot (back-up)
    2. Worner (3rd choice, possibly 2nd)
    3. Solly (not ready for a full season yet though I don't think)
    4. Bessone
    5. Dailly (3rd choice, player/coach option maybe?)
    6. Llera (4th choice)
    7. Jackson
    8. Semedo (back-up across the defence & CM if willing to take the pay-cut)
    9. Racon (back-up across the midfield, pay-cut similar to Semedo)
    10. Wagstaff (similar amount of starts as he's getting currently/impact sub)
    11. Reid (we've seen a good player in him, maybe worth a cheap one year extension to rediscover his form?)
    12. Benson (back-up)
    13. BWP

Parrett has grown into his role with every game and I'd be interested in resigning him for the season on loan.
    Anyinsah would be on the above list also if he wasn't so injury prone.
    Stewart is yet to show us what he can do, but it's pretty clear he's playing for a deal next season.
  • [cite]Posted By: O-Randy-Hunt[/cite]Would you take a pay cut from 6000 a week to 2000.

Not by choice. Undoubtedly, their agents are & probably most of the players agents are searching to see what else is on offer. I reckon we'll offer £2k pw which is our average wage & if they come up with something better they will be off.

If not, they may resign, but I'm not expecting it tbh.
  • There's a good number of the current players worth keeping IMHO but none that we can't improve on including BWP.

It all depends how much Chris will have to spend. KY, JS and TRs contracts expiring free up £1m in wages or 25% of the current budget. They might re-sign but not on the old money.

A fair slice of the budget is already spent on the young players and those in contract unless we can sell them but most will be on low (2k pw or less) wages and we MIGHT be able to off load them but don't count on it.

All depends on three things. How much the Club spends, how clever we are in picking the players and how soon Chris can make them into a team.
  • Callum tbf you've pretty much agreed with me. I'm happy for Worner to be 3rd choice & Reid maybe could rediscover his form. Racon & Semedo to stay with big pay cuts, (but I don't think they will. Racon definitely gives the impression that he thinks he is better than he is)
  • I'd love to keep Jose and like others have said it's time for a change in centre mid. I'd want to keep hold of Jose and play him somewhere across the back 4 but I still think he could hold out for more than 2k a week elsewhere
  • Sponsored links:

• Great minds think alike.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Racon definitely gives the impression that he thinks he is better than he is

Or do you mean, Racon gives the impression that he thinks he is better than we think he is?

He's played well for the last 3 games though, so credit where credit is due.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Racon definitely gives the impression that he thinks he is better than he is

Or do you mean, Racon gives the impression that he thinks he is better than we think he is?

He's played well for the last 3 games though, so credit where credit is due.

Yes, but do we want him as 1st choice midfield again, when he argueably hasn't been good enough for a few years ?
    I can't see him settling for a squad place.
  • Going to be mighty unpopular for saying this probably but I honestly think we can go up with just 4 or 5 additions and 4 or 5 leaving.

*Waits for barrage of abuse*
  • Barrage of abuse !!!!!
  • Elliot - keep but bring in a another keeper and let them battle it out.
    Francis - Best for all for him to move on
    Youga - Goodbye
    Bessone - Sign - I think we have the option to sign him as well??
    Solly - Get someone else in at rightback and let Solly learn of them and push them for the starting place.
    Daily - 1 more year as player/coach
    Llera - Keep as back up
    Doc - Keep as back up
    Fortune - Sorry Jon goodbye
    Waggy - Keep - 10 goals this year is a good year push on now.
    Reid - Goodbye i think you think your betetr than you are
    Jackson - Keep
    Semedo - One of the best over the last 2/3 years but a fresh start is needed.
    Racon - Goodbye
    Mcoxo - See Francis
    Joe A - good bye (Only Fitness holding u back)
    BWP - KEEP KEEP bulid the team around him with creative mid
    Benson - Keep - good option to have.

All loans - assuem will go back.

I think we then need
    GK
    RB
    CB
    CB
    DMC
    MC
    MC
    AMC
    ML
    F
    F
  • GK - prefer elliott to sullivan, + new
    RB - Solly / Francis back up
    LB - Youga + new back up
    CB - Doc + new x2 + young addick (cousins?)
    RM - Waggy + new
    CM - Semedo / Racon / Sign Stewart + new
    LM - Jackson / Reid
    F - Benson / BWP + new + youngster

I make that Stewart (as skipper maybe) + 7 new signings, 8 if youga doesn't make it. Wd love to see Parrett back but doubt it will happen. Same Eccles. Happy to let Bessone, Llera, Anyinsah and Mc go