Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Masters 2011

Comments

• Options
    I bet anyone £3.50 that within the next 10 minutes some American in the crowd screams 'get in the hole'.
  • Options
    Had Rory @ 35s & The Goose @ 45s.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Rory MciLroy 33-1

Miguel Angel Jimenez 240-1 ( has to be worth an each way bet)

Odds currently on Betfair.

Mcilroy T1st

Jiminez T24th ( always a strong finisher)

Don't say i didn't tell you so.
  • Options
    got 34/1 on ross fisher finishing in top 5
  • Options
    American golf fans "Johnnie be Good" as Johnnie Vegas tees off.
    Winds you up as you watch Justin Rose choke on your money day 1.
  • Options
    Kaymer must have seen a sneak preview of Heath Hero's Guide to Three Putting (3rd Edition)
  • Options
    Tell you what - that's some back nine from Woods there.
  • Options
    Appalling Sky coverage. Leader board comes on for a second then pan away to pretty pictures of flowers and greenery for a minute until next shot.
  • Options
    Anyone but Woods. Please.
  • Options
    Sky's coverage is shocking! Given up and gone to BBC HD.
    Woods is playing sensational!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poor poor Rory. Chin up son
  • Options
    Anyone who's hacked around a golf course will chuckle at McIlroy on the 10th. A triple bogey 7 after hitting a tree and ending in someones front garden 50 yards from the fairway. The four putt on the 12th from 15ft! He's playing like me.

Anyone but Woods for me as well.
  • Options
    I would love to see Woods win it, come on Tiger you can do it!

I feel so sorry for rory though...4 putting from 15ft...we have all been there son
  • Options
    Could you imagine a six way play off. This could go on for hours!
  • Options
    What a colapse that was for Rory and a superb finish by Charl.
  • Options
    Picked Scwartzel in my fantasy 4 at work, just gutted I didn't put a couple of quid on him, think he was about 120/1. Feel gutted for Rory, it was painful to watch at times
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: drawnablank[/cite]Sky's coverage is shocking! Given up and gone to BBC HD.

????
    Coverage was exactly the same. It's a feed from NBC or whoever it is in US. Difference is you get a few adverts on Sky instead of the innane BBc interviews. Granted Ken Brown's hole anaylisis is better than Monty's but Peter Allis is an old duffer and should have gone years ago. I watched a bit of BBC every night and all he does is hark back to the 1950's and said something like "Is this real golf?"
    A quote from him last year "KJ Choi, that's a new one on me." Well Mr Allis, the world of golf does not all exisit at Woburn, or Wentworth or even St Andrews!!
  • Options
    Ken Brown is brilliant. Peter Allis is alright has some good comments but I admit he rambles at times. Was watching Sky, when they had the leaderboard up with the Azalea background i switched to BBC and they were actually showing golf. Happened a few times.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: drawnablank[/cite]Ken Brown is brilliant. Peter Allis is alright has some good comments but I admit he rambles at times. Was watching Sky, when they had the leaderboard up with the Azalea background i switched to BBC and they were actually showing golf. Happened a few times.

I switched around too. Whenever BBC were showing "golf" I'd already seen it on Sky.
  • Options
    Doubt Monty will be asked back at Sky! His constant stammering and "err", after every sentence was awful. My kids sat at home just taking the piss out of him.

"Err", "Err"....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BBC's feed seemed to consistantly be about 5 mins behind sky
  • Options
    I hope Rory can recover mentally from that.

Van de Velde is the nearest example i can quickly think of and he seems to have disappeared into thin air!
  • Options
    Anyone got a time machine I can borrow to go back to Thursday morning.

"Hello Mr Coral, £1000 on Ballabriggs and Charl Schwartzel double please."

Hopefully with the money he won Charl will be able to afford to buy the last two letters of his first name.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Low_Ears[/cite]Hopefully with the money he won Charl will be able to afford to buy the last two letters of his first name.

and some new nashers!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Low_Ears[/cite]Hopefully with the money he won Charl will be able to afford to buy the last two letters of his first name.
    Charlto?
  • Options
    Rory posted this earlier, Pic
    Seems like a really good person, hopefully he can bounce back from yesterday
  • Options
    Have to say, great maturity and sportsmanship in his interviews and twitter reaction. Can't imagine a lot of young, talked up sportsmen acting with such integrity. His time will come.
  • Options
    Respect to that man!
  • Options
    Someone tweeted him saying "I want to thank you for showing me there are houses on Augusta. Learn something new every day!" He retweeted it, adding LOL.

That's a classy reaction - perhaps some of our players could maybe learn from him!
  • Options
    Can Rory do it this year?, or will Donald or Woods have a say?

really looking forward to this, Sunday night without having to drag my arse out of bed bleary eyed on Monday morning