Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

That was delicious!

Just about to get ready for work but I felt a bit peckish, and as I normally don't eat before I go the wife neglected to cook me anything.
Well, the girls have gone dancing and the wife has gone round to her mates so I start rummaging through the freezer and come across a delight that I haven't had for years

COD in BUTTER SAUCE! with chips and petit pois and three slices of warburtons finest!

I am now officially too stuffed to get up and get my arris into work!

Are there any meals you haven't had for years but would look forward too again?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2011
    As a veggie I still miss cod and chips and salmon sandwiches...wouldn't have them though, but I sometimes dream about them!
  • Options
    Sorry to question it Seth but why did you give up meat?
  • Options
    Mine Lobster sliced in half with a strong cheddar grilled onto the little beggar YUM!
  • Options
    I want Alphabites
  • Options
    Turkey Twizzlers
  • Options
    A bit of humble pie if Powell turns out to be a good Manager.
  • Options
    Crispy pancakes
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Sorry to question it Seth but why did you give up meat?
    To shut up my girlfriend at the time.
  • Options
    Have missed many things since this gluten problem started 12 years ago: e.g beer, sugar puffs (no, not together!), but would give a lot for just one cold beef sandwich. Thick, fresh baked doorsteps with slices of rare cold beef with mustard and a pint of Pride or Directors. Not gonna happen though:glad you enjoyed your surprise nosh though, Creepy.
  • Options
    I cooked stew and dumplings for the fist time in my life last week. It was a regular at home when I was a kid and I hated it, but thought I'd give it a go and it was wonderful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well known fact that stew & dumplings is only enjoyed by the over 40's

; )
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Have missed many things since this gluten problem started 12 years ago: e.g beer, sugar puffs (no, not together!), but would give a lot for just one cold beef sandwich. Thick, fresh baked doorsteps with slices of rare cold beef with mustard and a pint of Pride or Directors. Not gonna happen though:glad you enjoyed your surprise nosh though, Creepy.[/quote]

you can get a decent gluten free beer nowadays, this one is decent http://www.woldtopbrewery.co.uk/beers/against-the-grain , can't really tell the difference
  • Options
    Liver, bacon, onion, mash, veg & gravy.

Used to have it a lot at home but haven't had it for years.
  • Options
    'Liver, bacon, onion, mash, veg & gravy'

I could really, really do with that now. Like you, haven't had it in years.
  • Options
    Fat Frier chips!
  • Options
    Gas cooked toast at my old nan's house.

Always remember the smell...of the toast, not my nan's house.

Electric toast is poor by comparison.
  • Options
    Smashing, thanks ads, I didn't know about that one; I'll give it a go. Now what about the fresh baked cruty bread?
  • Options
    golden drummers from the late great bernard matthews.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Smashing, thanks ads, I didn't know about that one; I'll give it a go. Now what about the fresh baked cruty bread?[/quote]

dont know about the bread, gluten free stuff usually pretty ropey! used to be able to get against the grain beer in Asdas, dont know if they still do it though
  • Options
    Cold honey roast ham, poached eggs and homemade crusty rolls, simple but beautiful, always had it at my nan's on christmas morning before the presents etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    currently munching my way through beef, ale and onion pie, mashed potato, sweetcorn, peas and onions. superb !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]Liver, bacon, onion, mash, veg & gravy.

Now that sounds good!
  • Options
    Curry sauce,special fried rice and chips,with 3 or 4 slices of bread lovely
  • Options
    Those frozen, wafer thin, fatty, disgusting looking "steak" things that you slap in the frying pan for about a minute. Brilliant after a night on the sauce, served between a couple of slices of bloomer. Wrong on so many counts, but spot on at that time of night.
  • Options
    Salt and Pepper Spare Ribs from a Chinese (usually China Nooodle Eltham). Haven't had them in ages.