Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell set to decide on who stays and goes

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8961905.Powell_set_to_decide_on_who_stays_and_goes/

Comments

• Options
    Reading too much between the lines perhaps but I reckon he wants to keep Youga and is not bothered either way about Jose.
  • Options
    Powell would go down a lot in my estimation if that is the case. Surely it should be the other way round?

Reading that whole article and the Jenkinson one leaves me very concerned that he still sees things too much from the players' point of view (all those years at the PFA). He's a bit too open in what he's saying - as the manager he needs to show a bit more control in these situations, not have a "what will be, will be" attitude. Perhaps it just comes across wrongly...but I do find it a bit worrying.
  • Options
    keeping Youga will be a big mistake. I'm not reading too much into that piece as surely he knows already who he wants to go and who he wants to stay although he couldn't have told them that yet though, could he ?
  • Options
    He's just being non-committal isn't he? Do the deals in private and announce them when they're done. I would imagine he'd want to keep both players, if Youga's fit he's a very decent left back. Big if perhaps.
  • Options
    I think Chris has a real soft spot for Kelly and vice-versa.

Youga was still very much interested at the training day and took time to speak with all of us. He really wants to play football and we are doing right by the player. I doubt he'll be offered a 5 year contract but I expect a nominal amount to keep him going will be on the agenda. Or a pay as you play deal if he can start training pre-season.
  • Options
    Would love to go to a full training session to watch, how'd you sort it WSS?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Would love to go to a full training session to watch, how'd you sort it WSS?

You have to be very important, Dazzler.
  • Options
    There goes my chance! ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Would love to go to a full training session to watch, how'd you sort it WSS?

You go to the shops in Footscray Road by the petrol station, cross over and walk down the unmade track and into the training ground.