Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kids for a quid against Hartlepool - Young Addicks Day

Posted on: Thu 07 Apr 2011

Matt Wright reports

The last fixture of the season could yet be a special occasion for many of Charlton's young fans after the club announced it is designating the May 7th clash with Hartlepool United as Young Addicks Day.

A series of treats are in store for paid-up members of the U14 supporters' scheme, details of which will be contained in a letter sent out to them next week.

But the club is also hoping to generate a family atmosphere within the crowd in general by reducing the price of U18 tickets to just £1 when bought with an adult or over 60 seat.

The same offer has been extended to Pools fans attending the game, and in addition to the football, there will be an entertainment programme based around younger fans.

Head of club development Rick Everitt said: "We are looking to raise the profile of the Young Addicks scheme, as well as reward those who have signed up.

"We've had some great feedback in the 20 months that Young Addicks has been in existence, but we want to encourage more people to join so that we can do even more for the kids.

"We hope Young Addicks Day will become an annual event, although it won't necessarily be the last match of the season in future."

In addition to the Christmas party with the players, members have already benefited this season from junior question-and-answer sessions with Phil Parkinson, Scott Wagstaff, Rob Elliot and Chris Powell, a football tournament at Sparrows Lane and the annual goodie bag.

In addition, they receive a birthday card from the club, and, if they are fortunate enough to be drawn out as a winner, get the chance to be a matchday mascot at a home game.

Membership of Young Addicks costs £20 and covers the next 12 months on a rolling basis. For more about the scheme and application form, click here.

Tickets for Hartlepool's visit are now on general sale, priced £17.50, £22.50 and £25.50 adults, £17.50 and £13 over 60s and U21s, and £5 unaccompanied U18s or £1 if bought with an adult or over 60 ticket.

Valley Express coaches are available from across Kent and Sussex at £7 return.

Comments

• Options
    Surely no kids have been that misbehaved this year to warrent being taken along
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]Surely no kids have been that misbehaved this year to warrent being taken along[/quote]

This
  • Options
    Perhaps we should have a 'community service day' where young offenders are forced to come and watch?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addicted[/cite]Perhaps we should have a 'community service day' where young offenders are forced to come and watch?

if I could like this I would, along with forceing them to watch phil collins live this would seriously cut do the re-offending rates
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    We need a "Season Ticket Holders Day", where it is compulsory for all ST holders to attend the match.
    No absentees. No excuses.

Why should the missing ones not suffer?
  • Options
    Im bringing the boy for this game, his first one.

He isnt 3 till June but needs to get the bug early.
  • Options
    Will bring the grandson - so, 4 generations at a game. Seriously.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: masicat[/cite]Will bring the grandson - so, 4 generations at a game. Seriously.........

What's his name, Masikitten or Masicub?
  • Options
    Are we the only club that do this to put future fans off?
    Palace won their game on their Family day, what will we do?

ANSWERS ON A POST IT NOTE PLEASE?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Henry Jnr got a letter today.

Parade around the pitch, photos in programme and on big screen and five lucky Young Addicks members take part in a penalty shoot out.

Good ideas IMHO.

Hope we do a few more. Seniors day, old players day, scarf day, clean sheet at home day (OK but the first three could all be done)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great idea - We should do it more often. I'm bring my two boys aged 4 and 8.
  • Options
    I'm bringing my grandson for his first ever game (age 4) hope he sits still long enough for me to see the game. Booking office tried to charge me a fiver until I reminded them it was kids for a quid!

On another note, my daughter has just told me that she is expecting my fourth grandchild (her 1st) which I'm obviously over the moon about. The problem is that she supports Millwall (just to spite me and her brother!), her partner supports Millwall and so does his Dad so I've got a battle on my hands to get him/her to the Valley. As soon as she's had it, the first pressie will be a Charlton babygrow, take that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Henry Jnr got a letter today.

Parade around the pitch, photos in programme and on big screen and five lucky Young Addicks members take part in a penalty shoot out.

Good ideas IMHO.

Hope we do a few more. Seniors day, old players day, scarf day, clean sheet at home day (OK but the first three could all be done)

CatJnr got his too. Even bringing MrsCat along as well (4th? visit in 15 years) to watch him parade round - her comment was 'they really do some good stuff for the kids at Charlton, don't they?' - well done to Wendy and the staff.

(last night he was already out practising penalties just in case he gets picked....)
  • Options
    might bring my 3 yr old for his first taste of the valley
  • Options
    Took my 3 year old for the Chris Powell returns game against Plymouth.
    Managed to just about see Waggy's goal and had to go as he had enough and the tears were about to flow.
    Pretty certain he won't be going again for a while.
  • Options
    my 3 yr old (just turned 4) absolutely loves it and has a season ticket, consistantly shouts at the top of her voice 'Chrissy Powells Red and White Army'....always wears her CAFC shirt, pink hooded top and CAFC hair clips.

sometimes I think she enjoys it more than my mates little boy who's a year older