Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's the news you've all been waiting for...

edited April 2011 in General Charlton
Frank Nouble has extended his loan until May 7th.

Friday afternoons don't get much better. The sun's out, weekend is nearly here, and Frank Nouble has extended his loan.

Comments

• Options
    Very raw - big strong, suprising rubbish in the air- might be somebody who could be useful and develop for us next season so could be a good thing - If we are not looking beyond this season, can't see why we need to extend him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]If we are not looking beyond this season, can't see why we need to extend him.

Perhaps because the loan window has closed ....... so we couldn't bring another player in on loan to replace him.
    Don't forget we've had a big loss letting Abbott and Costello go.
  • Options
    Dont mind Nouble too much, think he's probably decent enough for this level.
  • Options
    We only have 6 games so sure we could save some money and manage with what we have - that is unless we have a longer term plan with big Frank Bruno...sorry Nouble
  • Options
    We don't need to save money .......now we're RICH!
    (seriously wealthy owners).

So frankly, we can afford quality players like Frank.
  • Options
    goal fest frank!!!
  • Options
    LEABURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    It wouldn't be summer without the cries of "Nouble's please"
  • Options
    If he is the sort of player we are looking at for next season, my enthsiasm for the next campaign is on the wane before its started.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have to echo Clem Snide and others on here. Surely we could make do with BWP, Benson, Big Joe & Ecclestone for the last 6 games.

just hope we aren't looking at Big Frank for next season otherwise I'll cancel my chq I sent them last week.
  • Options
    If Nouble is the answer gawd knows what the question was. He has the potential to be up there with the best worst of them.

Would rather give one of the kids a run out............or me.
  • Options
    Nouble is just a kid himself
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Nouble is just a kid himself

Not one of ours though. I know I'm being harsh but just don't see why we are wasting the rest of the season helping develop another clubs players. He might come good and we might decide he's worth a long loan next year but I can't see it happening on what I've seen so far.
  • Options
    I think that a lot of people forget that he's only 19. He isn't the best in the air but very comfortable with the ball at his feet, admittedly hasn't looked that great but I think he still has the potential to develop into a good player.
  • Options
    Unless we are having him next season and west ham are covering his wages, i don't see the point of him.
  • Options
    For a big guy he has quick feet and he's strong too. He also has a piledriver of a shot, but he is weak in the air, something that can come with experience. I think he's half decent, and seeing as we have no big guys up top at the moment I think he can still do a job.
  • Options
    Not a fan but if we can afford him for 6 more games and Powell wants a longer look then why not.

Might be enough to convince CP that he's not the answer or convince us doubters that he is.
  • Options
    Carlo is probably about 40+ now - but I would still give him a run out instead of Nouble for the last 6.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]It wouldn't be summer without the cries of "Nouble's please"
    *groan* You've excelled yourself this time AFKA. That was an awful pun.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Unless we are having him next season and west ham are covering his wages, i don't see the point of him.

He gives us the 'big man' option to lead the line, I suppose.
    Someone to play alongside BWP or whoever - or just someone who can hold the ball up without getting easily knocked off it.

Now Abbott and Costello are gone, and Cotton Wool Joe is well, wrapped up in cotton wool 4 games in 5 ......we need someone else who can play that role. Over to you, Frank.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]It wouldn't be summer without the cries of "Nouble's please"

I nominate AFKA's 'orrible pun for this year's, erm ......'Nouble Please Prize'.
  • Options
    At age 19 and coming into a team in the middle of a dreadful run I think the kid has done well enough. As said further up the thread if this allows CP time to assess him for next season or not then I think it's positive. Yes he is raw but West Ham have high hopes and they seem to know a good kid when they see one.