Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is this possible? (Positioning of fans at The Valley)

-close west upper (save costs) unless sell-out is likely
-give the entire jimmy seed to home fans
-give the end of the east stand thats nearest to the jimmy seed to the away fans

Obviously i understand that people have renewed season tickets in east and west upper so this wouldnt be possible next season, but could it work in the future? Or are the costs of segregation too much?

If the same thing has been covered on here before then just say.

Comments

• Options
    Been discussed several times, and deemed not to be a go-er due to pissing off the season ticket holders in those areas, closing the upper west doesn't actually save you much, and segregating the East is an expensive pain in the arse.
  • Options
    A couple of minor points;
    1. Why close off the most expensive area of the ground and piss off the people that pay top dollar to sit there?
    2. Why put home fans in the JS when there's plenty of space elsewhere?
    3. If the away fans had the south end of the East Stand
    a) they would have to use the Bartram Gate turnstiles, meaning they had to walk all the way around the ground and increase the scope for flashpoints with home fans
    b) the cost of segregating the east stand would outweigh the money "saved" by closing the West Upper.
    4. Why - what's the point? What's it supposed to achieve?

Other than all that, great idea!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]A couple of minor points;
    1. Why close off the most expensive area of the ground and piss off the people that pay top dollar to sit there?
    a) they would have to use the Bartram Gate turnstiles, meaning they had to walk all the way around the ground and increase the scope for flashpoints with home fans
    b) the cost of segregating the east stand would outweigh the money "saved" by closing the West Upper.

Basically far too many times in the past the away fans have completely outsung/made more noise that the home fans. If we had that wall of noise that the jimmy seed can create then its only beneficial to the team, lets just limit the boos.
    And i remember it was also something that the club talked about shortly after the takeover.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    How many teams in this division would actually need that much of the ground? My guess is not many.
  • Options
    "Wall of noise". What might happen is that maybe half the fans who sing might migrate but that's all, thereby diluting further the Addams Family song recitals.
  • Options
    Move the north upper rabble for free to the south end of the east or west stand. Being right next to the Jimmy Seed they can throw banter back and forward all match. That should improve the atmosphere.
  • Options
    If we moved away fans to the east stand , then all of a sudden the east stand would have the noisiest roof and we then should move the home fans into there .....

Let's just swap the north and south roofs and then we can say swap them back cos wherever the away fans are its noisier

Or maybe we can just sing some decent songs and that might encourage a few more to join in

C-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    C-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c
  • Options
    Sorry, but the real answer is to fill the Ground again which is the Owners aim. Nobody ever complained when the Ground was full.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]Basically far too many times in the past the away fans have completely outsung/made more noise that the home fans. If we had that wall of noise that the jimmy seed can create then its only beneficial to the team,

Having some fans that sing and create an atmosphere might help.

red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army red army
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if we dont go up next season may have to think about this, maybe close north lower plenty of room upstairs to accomodate plus they never sing just give elliot stick... lights touch paper and runs for cover!! I miss the old coverd end.

101charltonvalleycoveredendcopyright.jpg
  • Options
    Pitch looks a little bumpy. C'mon Paddy, sort it out!

;o)
  • Options
    A more realistic idea would be for some of the younger fans at the back of the J&H blocks, you know the ones.
    For them to all move to the end of the east stand.
    Might create a better atmosphere, North stand gis a song...etc.
  • Options
    Yep, might even wake up the thermos, fairy cake and tartan blanket brigade.

All together now, "SID DARN, SHADDUP!"

;o)
  • Options
    DRFDRF
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]A couple of minor points;

Basically far too many times in the past the away fans have completely outsung/made more noise that the home fans. If we had that wall of noise that the jimmy seed can create then its only beneficial to the team, lets just limit the boos.
    And i remember it was also something that the club talked about shortly after the takeover.

I'll take a wild guess that you sit in the north upper. A lot of time when you think you are being out sung you aren't - it's just harder to guess sound levels from one end or the other. Away fans often sign more song in terms of numbers but putting home fans back in the south will not change this.

How many times are we going to have this debate? Why not try and bring back standing while you're at it.
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to pad the roof of the Jimmy Seed out with Rockwool?
  • Options
    Ban away fans from singing...Sorted.
  • Options
    Many other Clubs envy our setup. It's perfect. What we really need is to hire an acoustics engineer who could double the noise coming out of the three muted
    stands at a very reasonable cost.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adrian[/cite]Many other Clubs envy our setup. It's perfect. What we really need is to hire an acoustics engineer who could double the noise coming out of the three muted
    stands at a very reasonable cost.

Just get some big fcuk off speakers and amps to go with it. Before you know it we'll have three muppets in the Upper North sounding like The Who are back in town. That would give Curbs an excuse to come back and knock out some cheap booze - and eveyone's a winner!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]A more realistic idea would be for some of the younger fans at the back of the J&H blocks, you know the ones.
    For them to all move to the end of the east stand.
    Might create a better atmosphere, North stand gis a song...etc.[/quote]
    Us 'younger fans' at the back of the J&H Block aren't allowed to sit there in the East, we did it against Barnet in the FA Cup Replay and got moved by a number of stewards at least doubling us, and also we did it again Luton and once again we got moved but this time to the North Lower.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Easiest and best solution IMO would be to close the north upper and get the fans from up there back down in the north lower where their noise would transmit better to the pitch and the rest of the ground
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Easiest and best solution IMO would be to close The Valley, and move back to Selhurst Park

I'm not sure that's really the best solution

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Easiest and best solution IMO would be to close the north upper and get the fans from up there back down in the north lower where their noise would transmit better to the pitch and the rest of the ground

I'm quite happy where I am in the Covered End Upper thank you and have been for quite a few seasons now.

I suspect I am not alone either.
  • Options
    SHOUT LOUDER.

Problem solved.
  • Options
    No one shouts in the East Stand, East Stand.
  • Options
    We do!
    There's only 4 of us though so no one notices.
  • Options
    Then .....SHOUT LOUDER.

Problem solved.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

;o)
  • Options
    I try Oggy, I do.
    I once shouted so much I was sick. That was a good day.
  • Options
    But not so good for those sitting around you?
  • Options
    They deserved it for not shouting.