Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO COME UP FROM LEAGUE 2?

edited April 2011 in General Charlton
Chesterfield (up) new ground, Wycombe ( cos I backed them in August!) Shrewsbury (revenge for this season) Torquay (Obvious reasons!!)

Comments

• Options
    Don't care really. Of the teams that could come up, the worst three I suppose.

Torquay - is that just on the off-chance you get to see Helen Chamberlain?
  • Options
    southend away was brilliant both times last year
  • Options
    Wycombe, for non footballing reasons!
  • Options
    Chesterfield,Stevenage,Accrington as they would be new grounds..and please please not Bury!
  • Options
    Gillingham.
  • Options
    Chesterfield,Southend and Wycombe would be good.
    I don't see any other teams worth mentioning from down there?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Chesterfield,Stevenage,Accrington as they would be new grounds..and please please not Bury![/quote]

Did Dowie go there in the end? Surely with CP in charge and a new playing squad playing proper football we could spank that lot and him.
  • Options
    I'd like Stevenage and Aldershot to come up just because according to the internet we have never played either team before. Also not played Rotherham, Accrington or Torquay in my life time so that would be good.

But to be honest I don't care.
    Does it really matter which teams will be also rans when we run away with the league next year?
  • Options
    Lisa stansfield
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stackitsteve[/cite]I'd like Stevenage and Aldershot to come up just because according to the internet we have never played either team before.

I'm sure we have played Aldershot before as I recall going to their 'park' on a couple of occassions in the 70's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bury - I haven't had the chance to tell Dowie what I think of him yet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stackitsteve[/cite]I'd like Stevenage and Aldershot to come up just because according to the internet we have never played either team before.

I'm sure we have played Aldershot before as I recall going to their 'park' on a couple of occassions in the 70's.

Just had a look, we played Aldershot for 2 seasons in the 70's, but the team currently in league 2 is Aldershot Town. Aldershot are now 'defunct'
  • Options
    don't really care as long as they are not more than a 2 hour drive from London.

We are going to be losing Brighton (fairly local) possibly Southampton (local-ish) and if Huddersfield cock it up then A N Other could be Peterborough, MK Dons, Bournemouth (all within a 2hr drive) or even Leyton Orient.

Coming down from the Championship are likely to be 3 northern teams so please, please someone local !!
  • Options
    Gills! Fiesty atmosphere against them, Chesterfield looks a nice ground and Rotherham for me as I've backed them.
  • Options
    Wycombe for white horse reasons.
    Gills because it's a derby of some sorts
    Chesterfield as they deserve it
    The other team I don't mind, er Stevenage!
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet..............might be waiting a while tho
  • Options
    Gillingham must be one of the worst ground in the country for away fans so no thanks. Although we could seriously be lacking derbies next year
    Wycombe was good and Southend is decent trip.
  • Options
    Torquay and three others will suit me just fine.
  • Options
    Chesterfield
    Bury
    Accrington
    Shrewsbury

as they are the nearest grounds to me
  • Options
    Chesterfield are virtually already promoted

Would also like Bury to come up as would be a new ground and good excuse for a weekend in Manchester
    Also Stevenage, another new ground and not too far away.

Think Wycombe will also come up but would prefer a new ground to visit, maybe Accrington.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chesterfield definitely, their new ground is has character and is high tech.
    Then either Wycombe or Gills for derbyish atmosphere and Bury or Accrington for non visited grounds.
    Re Aldershot, we also played them two years running in the thirties. Strange overall record with them: 4 wins at home, 4 defeats away.