Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mad Dog Martin Allen has a new job!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    That's desperation for you.
  • Options
    His 3rd spell there, I wonder how long it will last? Until the end of the season i would guess!
  • Options
    Barnet ... one joke of a club, always have been ... Flashman and Fry ...
  • Options
    I'm slightly conflicted since moving north of the river I've started going there occasionally , so have developed a soft spot for them . I often used to follow Welling away there back in the day.

The Football is crap but the club is friendly enough . I would still hope they hang on ,but I fear this is an act of desperation and shows no loyalty . At least they have a three point cushion .

They have Southend away on Friday night which will not be easy , but then play the Wombles and Burton both of whom have nothing to play for .

Macclesfield still need to go to Bradford who are still not safe , then ironically also play Burton and Southend .

Hereford have the hardest run in playing Nothampton , Crawley and Torquay.

• Options
    Lawrie Sanchez is an awful manager IMO. His record at club level speaks for itself.

Martin Allen has a screw loose. Some the stories i've heard about him are crazy of what he puts his players through!
  • Options
    Some the stories i've heard about him are crazy of what he puts his players through!

Like ?

• Options
    Lawrie Sanchez is an awful manager IMO. His record at club level speaks for itself.
    Absolutely - living off two games, Wycombe in the cup with Roy Essandoh, and NI beating England in a game when we were awful, playing Beckham as a quarterback hitting long balls that we lost every time.

And apparently 'keeping Fulham up' with one win in 7 games, against a Liverpool playing the reserves because they were resting the first team for the Champs Lge. When they hadn't been going down under Coleman in the first place.

He's got a massivley inflated opinion of his abilities, saying he'd be good for the England manager job. And he has silly greasy hair and a stupid goatee too, sometimes.

I don't like Sanchez, can you tell?
  • Options
    I don't dislike Sanchez, just think he's an awful manager. Both Wycombe and Barnet he seemed to be given resources and didn't do anything commensurate with that. His Fulham signings close season were the worst group of signings imo up to that point in the premiership: only beaten by some appalling acquisitionial phases in recent years Keane's close season second year in the prem, and Dalglish's laughable ones this close season.
  • Options
    Some the stories i've heard about him are crazy of what he puts his players through!

Like ?

Letting his assistant take training and hiding in a tree to see if the players follow orders.

Making the players clean toilets.

Making players jump through thorn bushes.
  • Options
    I think Bradford's 'crazy summer' was the worst lot of signings I've seen in the Premier League - though Dowie had a good go!

Agreed Sanchez waster a hell of a lot of money on a few average Championship players. £6m on Kamara, £4m on Steven Davis etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about the Directors who appointed him ?
  • Options
    They lost 3-0 on Friday night but still have a two point cushion as Hereford drew on Saturday ,I fancy Barnet to get the four points they need in the last two games .

I think Macclesfield are their biggest threat if they beat Burton on Saturday.
  • Options
    Returned to Barnet. How many times is that now?
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Returned to Barnet. How many times is that now?

5th time (R5L).
  • Options
    Surely too late to keep them up?

He only left them last in December 2016. After 4 different managers (including Kevin Nugent) had a go, he's back again, bizarre
  • Options
    Successful in avoiding relegation or not, he'll be available again in June. He must be cheap as chips, so a good bet to take Charlton's reins when roly realises he needs a head coach/manager/whatever in July in time for pre-season.
    Given the FSG's abiding farce, Mad Dog would have to be a major step up in class.
  • Options

Successful in avoiding relegation or not, he'll be available again in June. He must be cheap as chips, so a good bet to take Charlton's reins when roly realises he needs a head coach/manager/whatever in July in time for pre-season.
    Given the FSG's abiding farce, Mad Dog would have to be a major step up in class.

Mad dog Allen or Duchatelet's poodle Fraeye.