Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jenkinson on his way to arsenal

edited April 2011 in General Charlton
Done deal. 5 grand a week and a chunk of dough to sign on. Hope he doesn't waste his talent in the reserves.

Comments

• Options
    £250k a year and how old is he?

I had to wait until I was 25 to earn that sort of dough.
  • Options
    And they wonder why young footballers go off the rails.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]And they wonder why young footballers go off the rails.

In all honesty - think back to when you were 19.

Now imagine earning £5k every week.

Now imagine you are surrounded by "Yes" men catering to your every whim.

Now imagine you and your family probably got a free house/apartment thrown in as well

Makes you wonder how more of them don't go loopy if you ask me
  • Options
    An insane industry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]And they wonder why young footballers go off the rails.

Now imagine you and your family probably got a free house/apartment thrown in as well

Id be happy to play football for £300 a week!
  • Options
    At my age, I'd be happy to play football.............:-/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

Id be happy to play football for £300 a week!

Peasant!

(£500 after tax and we've got a deal)
  • Options
    Steve G - where did you hear this?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Steve G - where did you hear this?

He'sactually the real Steven Gerrard....... he often reads CL to see how his mate Nate is getting on down here.
    Anyway, NE39 was spending last weekend back in Liverpool, and spilled the news.
  • Options
    [/quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Steve G - where did you hear this?

He'sactually the real Steven Gerrard....... he often reads CL to see how his mate Nate is getting on down here.
    Anyway, NE39 was spending last weekend back in Liverpool, and spilled the news.[/quote]

Well spotted Oggy. Thought I could stay on here unnoticed with my subtle nom-de-pleur, but when I am not playing subbuteo with me mates i'm on CL. Always like to keep abreast of events down in the big smoke especially with teams who play in the same colours as me, Ooooh-they-do-though-don't-they-though! A work colleague has a son who is good mates with Carl and has kept me in the loop about his progress. Apparently his dad rules his life with an iron rod so won't be letting him go nuts with the new found riches, fame and girls.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Steve G - where did you hear this?

Anyway, NE39 was spending last weekend back in Liverpool, and spilled the news.

He's Steve Gritt of course, not Gerrard.
  • Options
    Not bad, follically challenged like him too.
  • Options
    Why is there nothing on the official site?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Jpb Junior[/cite]Why is there nothing on the official site?[/quote]

Probably because it isn't yet official.
  • Options
    He's not the real Gerrard because he doesn't write "ermmmm...ermmmm..." every three words.
  • Options
    New of the World has this today as a done deal, apparently they paid 1.5 mil
  • Options
    1.5 million........Ker-Ching as far as I am concerned.
  • Options
    Rubbish.

Need to get to a position where we are looking to buy promising youngsters for £1.5m rather than selling them.
  • Options
    Remember being 19.£110-£130 a week as a train drivers mate at Hither Green and driving an old Datsun 160B.Good luck to the lad,good work if you can get it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Rubbish.

Need to get to a position where we are looking to buy promising youngsters for £1.5m rather than selling them.

Certainly but the boy wanted out after being with us from age nine. Agree good luck to the lad but if you don't want to be at The Valley then get out the door pdq as far as I am concerned. We are a third tier club and 1.5 million if true buys a lot of quality at our level. Grab the money and get three 500k players who want to be with us and give us a real chance of getting out of this shit division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]

Certainly but the boy wanted out after being with us from age nine. Agree good luck to the lad but if you don't want to be at The Valley then get out the door pdq as far as I am concerned. We are a third tier club and 1.5 million if true buys a lot of quality at our level. Grab the money and get three 500k players who want to be with us and give us a real chance of getting out of this shit division.
    Exactly this.
  • Options

Bigger than Arsenal?
  • Options
    1.5m .... Yeah right .... 500k up front tops maybe 1.5m if he wins the treble as captian , world cup and olympic 100m final next year
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]1.5m .... Yeah right .... 500k up front tops maybe 1.5m if he wins the treble as captian , world cup and olympic 100m final next year

Probably, something like the truth of the matter,

Simple truth is how much cash now,cash, not when he, if he, could he, because the truth is if he get;s beyond the reserves he will have done well!. at least for the next season or so.
    Ask Wallcott, Ramsey, and co.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1StevieG[/cite]Done deal. 5 grand a week and a chunk of dough to sign on. Hope he doesn't waste his talent in the reserves.

I hope he does.