Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Half-time O'Booze

Sale of alcohol will be allowed in the Millennium Suite, Centre Circle and executive boxes at half-time and immediately after the match from Saturday on a trial basis following discussions with the authorities, although blinds will have to be pulled so that there is no direct view of the pitch for drinkers, as the law requires.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]........blinds will have to be pulled so that there is no direct view of the pitch.........

Wish they could have done this for the North Upper a few times this year!
  • Options
    What so you cant drink and be allowed to watch the game at the same time?
  • Options
    No Folev....it's illegal (I think). We cant be trusted unlike Rugby and cricket crowds and most other sports crowds apparently.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Sale of alcohol will be allowed in the Millennium Suite, Centre Circle and executive boxes at half-time and immediately after the match from Saturday on a trial basis following discussions with the authorities, although blinds will have to be pulled so that there is no direct view of the pitch for drinkers, as the law requires.

Wows that is a turnaround and a good one. Always seemed odd to me to be in the expensive parts of the ground and not being able to have a glass at half time. Will they take your half time drinks order before the game like they do at other clubs so when you come back your whiskey is waiting.
  • Options
    Its just that i almost always see people drinking at halftime/second half in north upper.
    And looking at the way mk dons ground is designed, where you get your drinks makes it impossible not to see the pitch.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited April 2011
    Folev - you can drink in the NU at HT.

MK dons bar is restricted and guarded by the gistapo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]Its just that i almost always see people drinking at halftime/second half in north upper.
    And looking at the way mk dons ground is designed, where you get your drinks makes it impossible not to see the pitch.

You dont see people drinking in their seats? Do you?
  • Options
    It's a bizzare law/ rule.

The way it stands you could buy 10 pints before the game and another 10 at half time and down them on the concourse before heading back to your seat. But if another person took and consumed a sole half a bitter shandy to their seat they would be hauled on the bus to Guantanamo Bay by the Gold Range chimps quicker than you could slur piss up in a brewery.

Odd.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Terrible news.

If they draw the blinds in the exec boxes I won't be able to turn around and see the scores from SSN on their TV.

Typical Charlton putting rich corporate plastics before proper fans.

Now we'll have to wait for the scores on the big screen!!!

PS well done Garfield, hope it brings in some extra dosh.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited April 2011
    I'll always remember having the black jacket steward gistapo brigade come up to me in my seat in the NU, because I was drinking a can of red bull before the game, and they weren't there to inform me of the sugar content.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I'll always remember having the black jacket steward gistapo brigade come up to me in my seat in the NU, because I was drinking a can of red bull before the game.

Did you fly off?
  • Options
    There haven't been any Goldrange stewards at The Valley in about ten years.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I'll always remember having the black jacket steward gistapo brigade come up to me in my seat in the NU, because I was drinking a can of red bull before the game, and they weren't there to inform me of the sugar content.[/quote]

You needed the Red Bull to stay awake?
  • Options
    spot on !
  • Options
    any chance they can speak to the authoroties about a half time o'smoke 'pen' outside an exit. so that i can have an half time o'p**s smoke free?
  • Options
    Good opportunity for me to mention 2 examples of common sense at footy in recent years.

1. - Blackpool away under Pards (bad defeat). The away section programme seller had sold out and I asked a steward for a solution. He said "i'll let you walk down to the next guy about 50 yards away". I can't think of any other ground where this would be allowed.

2. Yeovil away (wet match with Sodje goal). They open both exit gates to form 2 sides and then park a vehicle to make a "dead-end" in which smokers can stand and smoke whilst "technically" in the car park outside the ground. Thus leaving the toilets smoke free for us non smokers.

When you compare these actions with the "Alcohol cannot be consumed within direct view of the pitch" rule, it just shows how a bit of thought is better than panic measures.

Can't go without mentioning the "remove all bottle tops" lunacy.

A bottle of drink costs about £2 - why spend £2 and throw the plastic bottle when you could throw the £2 coin and inflict more pain !

Ridiculous regulations made by simpletons and enforced by sheep.
  • Options
    I was watching the Bundesliga highlights and the cameras panned into the crowd and loads of fans were supping their beers during the game - albeit from plastic containers. Atmosphere was jumping - much better than our 'corporate Premier League libraries'. No hint of any troble there - suppose you couldn't guarantee that here!
  • Options
    yep same in holland I think
  • Options
    Excellent news - kind of them to lay it on specially for me to be in the Millennium Lounge at the last game of the season!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]Can't go without mentioning the "remove all bottle tops" lunacy.

Went to see an Arsenal v Huddersfield FA Cup game at the Emirates earlier this year.
    Had a bottle of water in my hand and took the top off as I approached the turnstiles...and was told that it was fine to take it in as it was.
    Not sure if the 'rules' have changed, or if there is some discretion/common sense that can be applied?

And I won't mention the ground where alcohol was available in the boxes throughout the game when we played there last season - wouldn't want to get them in trouble, and especially if there was a chance of a repeat visit in the future...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Derby and Cov (I think) let you out the back for a smoke at half time. There are a few other grounds where they don't seem to care if you have a fag
  • Options
    St Andrews (Birmingham) Let you aswell.
  • Options
    Notts County aswell