Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Waco documentary on Channel 4 last night

Anyone see it? Really interesting - clearly both sides to blame for the whole thing (Why does a glorified bible class need AK47s, gas masks and grenades? Why didn't they change the plan when they knew they were coming etc). It is unbelievable how one man could have that much control over so many people - they were/are convinced that he was the second coming, even to the extent of letting him shag their wives!

Comments

• Options
    war and religion?

werent you here last friday?
  • Options
    housem8 watched it said was really good doco, however i wanted watch van helsing instead (was still horrifficly hung over)
  • Options
    Excellent documentary.

Despite the fact that Koresh and his merry band had some automatic weapons (only semi-auto's are allowed in Texas - which has 50m registered fire arms!), I still have no idea why the AFT went in the way they did. He visited Waco regularly and they could have just arrested him there.

AFT went in gung ho and came off worse after the first assault, then they brought the army in with tanks, helicopters and national guard. It was like the Alamo in there. 40 Children died in the blaze that was caused by them pumping in dozens of tear gas cannisters.

I'm sure Koresh wasn't right in the head, but typical yanks went so over the top in their tactics that the end result was inevetable. There was absolutely no need for them to do what they did which is the real crime.

The FBI bloke who took control of the situation showed no remorse and seemed like he actively enjoyed what they were doing to women, children and innocent men - he was a right bastard. If the Americans can do that to their own people, then heaven help any others who get in their way.

Didn't realise the seige went on for 5 weeks.