Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 'Y' Word...

YID.
Apparently some people want it banned from football.
telegraph

The comments at the bottom are interesting.

Comments

• Options
    The comments made me laugh went from the yiddish question to celtic and rangers lol, baddiel is just being busy the spurs fans have made this jibe from opposing clubs and turned into a postive tribal ditty,regarding weirdos that would do hissing noises relating to gas chambers they need banning for life.
  • Options
    So when will everyone stop calling Arsenal "Gooners" then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]So when will everyone stop calling Arsenal "Gooners" then?
    When 'Gooner' becomes a derogatory insult for people of a paricular faith?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]So when will everyone stop calling Arsenal "Gooners" then?

I'll just stick to w*nkers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    When 'Gooner' becomes a derogatory insult for people of a paricular faith?

It's where & why the original "gooner" term in relation to Arsenal came about which is the point.
  • Options
    They call themselves yids... political correctness is a load of shite
  • Options
    The way this works is that if I'm a Tottenham fan, it's ok for me to use the word and I do so as a badge of honour. However, if someone else uses it against me then I am offended. I think it's the same principle as the "n" word. However, I must admit that I am losing track - is there a definitive list of words that I can use to describe myself but if someone else uses it I am entitled to be offended?

As someone else posted on that Telegraph blog, David Baddiel must have "another" hilarious book coming out.
  • Options
    My Dad always said they were "front wheel skids...."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]My Dad always said they were "front wheel skids...."

Mine always referred to "east side kids"!
  • Options
    The same Baddiel who in his film Infidel about an Iran find out he was Jewish had the Jew wearing a spurs kit?