Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any of you refs at the Valley today?

Can any of you tell me the difference between the disgraceful foul on Benson which required two minutes of treatment, and didnt even merit a yellow card, and Benson's foul at Colchester that earned him a straight red?

Benson took a lot of stick for his red cards and today we saw that it's not that simple. I accept refs missing things but the inconsistency in decision making is less acceptable.

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2011
    Was BWP offside? Looked like a Leyton Orient situation to me.

Were Racon's hands in front of his face or above his head?

What was that advantage about where the ref allowed play to go on for about 10 seconds and then called it back because the player lost it? It's not rugby.
  • Options
    They can stick the Respect campaign where the sun don't shine
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Were Racon's hands in front of his face or above his head?
    It was Reid actually. And this is CP's view:

Chris Powell had no complaints about the decision to award the second free-kick - Kyel Reid blocked first shot with his hands (MW)
  • Options
    What happened to deliberate fouls being a straight red? I've seen players been taken down on purpose and no more then a yellow has been awarded, just like today.
  • Options
    Didn't think the foul on Benson was anything like his sending off so no comparison.

Jimbo, deliberate fouls have never been red or yellow cards.
  • Options
    "It was the correct call because it looks like our player wants to be in goal the way he handled it," said Powell.

Powell once again putting across a high opinion of Reid !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Were Racon's hands in front of his face or above his head?
    It was Reid actually. And this is CP's view:

Chris Powell had no complaints about the decision to award the second free-kick - Kyel Reid blocked first shot with his hands (MW)

Yes, but what would he know?
  • Options
    I would like to see what occurred first half as it looked like a deliberate body check on Benno that led to his injury and therefore could have been a pen for violent conduct
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]I would like to see what occurred first half as it looked like a deliberate body check on Benno that led to his injury and therefore could have been a pen for violent conduct

No, would have been a foul, or if a red card issued, serious foul play.....

*gives up*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]I would like to see what occurred first half as it looked like a deliberate body check on Benno that led to his injury and therefore could have been a pen for violent conduct

No, would have been serious foul play.....

*gives up*

ok but if it was deliberate then it would have been a pen and it was strange the rush to stop play and then give them an uncontested drop ball. Other than that I think the ref had an ok game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]They can stick the Respect campaign where the sun don't shine

Newcastle?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]

No, would have been serious foul play.....

*gives up*

ok but if it was deliberate then it would have been a pen and it was strange the rush to stop play and then give them an uncontested drop ball. Other than that I think the ref had an ok game

Sorry, wasn't there - does sound odd now you've elaborated.
  • Options
    2nd half - break away by semedo and their bloke just chops in down with no intention of making a legal tackle - is this not a professional foul?

Thought the ref got easily swayed by Huddersfield today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Didn't think the foul on Benson was anything like his sending off so no comparison.

Oh well that's me bang to rights then...care to elaborate, or am I not worthy?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Didn't think the foul on Benson was anything like his sending off so no comparison.

Oh well that's me bang to rights then...care to elaborate, or am I not worthy?

Unless you are Wayne Campbell..
  • Options
    Benson dived in, both feet off the ground.

The town player went to clear the ball but Benson nipped in the take the ball and the defender caught his ankle. A foul, maybe a booking but not similar IMHO.

And since you've gone into one I'll remind you that you asked and so I replied. Nothing about putting you in you place FFS Richard.
  • Options
    Come on, we've all had a drink... ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Come on, we've all had a drink... ;-)

Tea, 2 sugars please
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Benson dived in, both feet off the ground.

The Colchester away one, I'm talking about. That is not how I remember it and we can go and look at the archive, I guess. And yes I have had several beers and an indifferent Indian in the Bengal Lancer in Chislehurst..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc999[/cite]2nd half - break away by semedo and their bloke just chops in down with no intention of making a legal tackle - is this not a professional foul?

There's no such thing as a "professional foul" ....... just media speak.

The offence is being in breach of the laws of the game, to prevent a clear goal scoring opportunity.
    Otherwise ordinarily there is "serious foul play" or violent conduct".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Benson dived in, both feet off the ground.

The Colchester away one, I'm talking about. That is not how I remember it and we can go and look at the archive, I guess. And yes I have had several beers and an indifferent Indian in the Bengal Lancer in Chislehurst..

With Prague on the fact that at Colchester it was not a red card