Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If everyone was fit what team would you put out?

Elliot- Not amazing but better than anyone we have.

Solly- High hopes for him.
Llera- Hasn't been given a fair chance I think, He's the best CB we have.
Doc- Again Not amazing but sometimes has good games.
Youga- A tough one because in all honesty we haven't seen him for a while. wouldn't be surprised if he has turned into a McCormack.

Waggy- No explanation.
Semedo- again probably one of our best.
Racon- has the odd off game but the best talent in the squad.
Reid- Everyone has been on his back recently and the few times he's been on he hasn't been promising. Most people agree Powell's subs are too little too late So I'd like to see him being given more of a chance. People have forgotten how key he was last year.

Benson- Whenever he comes on I think he's going to score.
BWP- If we had him last year instead of crappy Burton we would be in the championship by now.

Comments

• Options
    Crappy burton? He was one of our best players! I would say we needed BWP instead of (pick one) - McLeod, Dickson, Can't even remember who else we tried
  • Options
    Elliot - charltons no1
    Francis - Underrated we need some of his crosses back
    Llera - Tank
    Semedo - Try him at the back maybe push up a little but could work
    Youga - When he got injured last season it was the changing point, can't wait to see him back

Waggy - <3
    Racon - Our best player without doubt
    Jackson - Have missed him dearly

Eccleston - Stick him CF sitting behind strikers

Benson - Does the trick
    BWP - Crap at everything apart from scoring but guess its a good thing! (HES NOT BETTER THAN SHAUN!)
  • Options
    Sullivan
    Solly
    Dailly
    Llera
    Youga
    Wagstaff
    Stewart
    Parrett
    Jackson
    Anyinsah
    Wright-Phillips

Elliot
    Docherty
    Semedo
    Racon
    Benson
    Nouble
  • Options
    What ......no place for McCormack?
  • Options
    [align=center]Elliot
    Solly Semedo Llera Youga
    Waggy Racon Parret Jackson
    Anyinsah BWP[/align]
  • Options
    Only picked "our" players............no loanees.

Eliott
    Solly
    Dailly
    LLera
    Jackson
    Waggy
    Semedo
    Stewart
    Racon
    BWP
    Anyinsah.
  • Options
    God Dazzler21 Burton was rubbish couldn't hit a bran door. He only ever put penalties away. Semedo is one of the best players we have and he shoudln't be changed. I think actually there is room in the team for eccleston somewhere. Also With Jackson he might have got goals but now we have BWP there is honestly no need for him. He gave us no width and whilst he was playing we were only doing long balls. U need a propper winger like Reid to feed the strikers like he was doing last year. Only this year we have a forward that doesn't have two left feet
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: McCormackforengland[/cite]God Dazzler21 Burton was rubbish couldn't hit a bran door. He only ever put penalties away. Semedo is one of the best players we have and he shoudln't be changed. I think actually there is room in the team for eccleston somewhere. Also With Jackson he might have got goals but now we have BWP there is honestly no need for him. He gave us no width and whilst he was playing we were only doing long balls. U need a propper winger like Reid to feed the strikers like he was doing last year. Only this year we have a forward that doesn't have two left feet
    Burton was one of our best players. You're right he wasn't a goalscorer. Yet he still scored 13 goals and got 10 assists.

This season we've got a goalscorer up front in BWP and another (but not quite as good) in Benson. What we have missed is a player like Burton. Held up the ball well, linked the play, had a good touch, he was an intelligent footballer.

Burton and BWP might have made a great partnership last season.
  • Options
    If they were fit, I'd go for Lennie Lawrence's play off winning team.
  • Options
    BWP and Burton would of been pure shocking electric brilliance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McCormackforengland[/cite]God Dazzler21 Burton was rubbish couldn't hit a bran door. He only ever put penalties away. Semedo is one of the best players we have and he shoudln't be changed. I think actually there is room in the team for eccleston somewhere. Also With Jackson he might have got goals but now we have BWP there is honestly no need for him. He gave us no width and whilst he was playing we were only doing long balls. U need a propper winger like Reid to feed the strikers like he was doing last year. Only this year we have a forward that doesn't have two left feet
    Burton was one of our best players. Your right he wasn't a goalscorer. Yet he still scored 13 goals and got 10 assists.

This season we've got a goalscorer up front in BWP and another (but not quite as good) in Benson. What we have missed is a player like Burton. Held up the ball well, linked the play, had a good touch, he was an intelligent footballer.

Burton and BWP might have made a great partnership last season.

Agreed - Burton was good and we will need somebody for BWP to play off next year if we're to go up and at this level i think Burton of last year (without the hernia) would have done the job.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McCormackforengland[/cite]Burton was rubbish

Mate, you really need to learn a little more about how the game is actually played.

;o)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Agreed - Burton was good and we will need somebody for BWP to play off next year if we're to go up and at this level i think Burton of last year (without the hernia) would have done the job.

Next year? I hadn't even considered that BWP might stay beyond the summer!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Only picked "our" players............no loanees.

Eliott
    Solly
    Dailly
    LLera
    Jackson
    Waggy
    Semedo
    Stewart
    Racon
    BWP
    Anyinsah.

Yes pretty close to my choice (although slightly surprised Golfie cannot spell Elliot;-) ).

Depending on which part of the bipolar Racon turns up I might shift Jacko up and bring in Bessone although I take the point that the team is "our" players only.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McCormackforengland[/cite]bran door.
    I couldn't hit a bran flake size door either!
  • Options
    Jackson
    Solly-Jackson-Jackson-Jackson
    Jackson-Jackson-Jackson-Jackson
    Jackson-Jackson

I put Solly in as right back as I feel that JJ might be lacking in this position!
  • Options
    Burton is a fine example of a experienced deep lying forward playing back to goal, Great First Touch keeps control opens up some space then nice neat lay off pass, The type of player which has to be partnered with a Advanced Forward who's role will be to play off the defence and run onto the flick ons moves into the channels at times to spilt the defence, Which I felt Mooney did very well his off the ball movement. BWP/Benson/Eccleston are all the latter what we don't have is the former only player capable is Anysinah when fit.

That has been our downfall this season getting that core right though the middle of team right, The Centre Back/Centre Mid/Forward partnerships have not worked out and we been having to chop and change playing style and players in different positions to find a solution all throughout the season.

Elliot

Solly
    Dailly
    Llera
    Youga

Wagstaff
    Semedo
    Stewart
    Jackson

Anysinah
    BWP

Worner, Fortune, Cousins, Racon, Reid, Harriot, Benson
  • Options
    Elliot

Solly
    Llera
    Dailly
    Youga (but realistically a new one next year or maybe Bessone if he plays well in the next few games)

Ecclestone (Next season I would hope we have a new right winger)
    Semedo
    Parrett (Another area I would strengthen in the summer)
    Jackson

BWP
    Benson (I believe given the service this pair can cut it in a team trying to win promotion from this league)

Maybe a bit tough on Waggy but he simply doesn't beat his man and put in a successful cross with enough regularity to justify a permanent place. Danny Green from Dagenham may be the answer. He possesses a good cross and will have a good understanding with Benno, having assisted a great many of his goals for the Daggers
  • Options
    ABR(anyone but robbie)
    Solly
    Youga
    Dailly
    Docherty
    Semedo
    Parrett
    Racon
    Jackson
    Benson
    BWP
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Would that team be good enough to go up ?
    I don't think so
    the back 5 aren't good enough to be regulars of a promotion winning team, with the possible exception of dailly and I haven't seen any of sullivan or enough of worner who is no worse than 100+ games RE
    No natural width either

SCP has a lot of work to do in the summer , if he is kept on !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talking about touch only.....four Charlton forwards with a "great" touch with their back to goal (in order of technical ability);

Andy Hunt
    Allan Simonsen
    Clive Mendonca
    Deon Burton

Can't think of any others that really stand out as more than pretty good (Leaburn, Bartlett, Crooks etc) other than perhaps Robert Lee in his early days as a centre forward. Unless, of course, the technical ability of the forwards was better years ago and you only noticed the crap ones rather than the other way around?

PS:
    Sullivan (bit of a guess really. Is he any better than Elliot?)
    Solly
    Doherty
    Dailly
    Youga (need his aggression and I'm sure he would dovetail nicely with Jackson)
    Jackson
    Stewart
    Semedo
    Wagstaff (because he seems to be developing an understanding with Solly and we need partnerships)
    BWP
    Benson

Properly managed, that XI for a run of games, should get a League One club to the play off positions at least.
  • Options
    Elliott, Solly, Daily, Llera, Youga, Wagstaff, Semedo, Stewart, Reid, BWP, Benno

Racon would be as far away from the line up as possible, the fact that people on here rate him astonishes me.
  • Options
    The womens team.
  • Options
    burton and wright-phillips would have been an awsome front two, burtons strength and flick on and bradley to get on the end and bang them in, powelly brought in Nouble with this in mind i belive but hasnt really worked, i think if we can keep BWP next year a big strong lump alongside him could reap massive rewards, like an iwelumo/ parkin/ howard type player.