Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A question for Chris Powell.

edited April 2011 in General Charlton
On Saturday you had to choose your Centre Back from two, the returning Jon Fortune who surely by now has shown clearly that he should not be playing, or Miguel Llera who wears his heart on his sleeve, is much improved in my opinion, and who is a total threat to the opposition defence at set pieces. I feel really sorry for Llera, and my question is......now will you play him please.

Comments

• Options
    Llera was returning from injury and we don't see how these players train during the week. I actually rate Llera over Fortune at the minute and I have no doubt that he will feature again soon, when fully fit.
  • Options
    Can't believe this was posted an hour ago and Powelly still hasn't replied!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Can't believe this was posted an hour ago and Powelly still hasn't replied!

I think it was a bit of a leading question myself : - )
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Granpa[/cite]or Miguel Llera who wears his heart on his sleeve, is much improved in my opinion,

I like that you've presented the choice that Chris Powell had to make, and in your description included the fact that part of it is your own opinion. Why the HELL doesn't Chris Powell base his choices on your opinions more often, random stranger?

edit: this was meant to be quite light-hearted. I understand a smiley/winking face is the protocol for demonstrating that on this forum? Here you are:
    =)
  • Options
    You knock Fortune because of a lack of ability but promote Llera because of emotion. How can you suggest that a man who has Charlton running through his blood shouldn't be played because of a similar emotion?

I disagree that Llera is actually better based on skill or passion. He certainly doesn't comand like Fort.

And what about the loyalty in football that we are always banging on that footballers should show? How about the fans show some and remember that Jon is, and will always be, our boy.
  • Options
    did Llera send the palace down?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]did Llera send the palace down?

No, i think that was all Dowie's doing ;-)
  • Options
    Hi DRF, interesting that you comment on my emotions and start banging on about Jon will always be our boy, and talk about loyalty as if he never left the Club. For me Llera is simply the better bet, particularly the danger he poses in the oppositions area. I am trying to forget our boy Jons air kick on the edge of our area, were you actually at the game ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Granpa[/cite]Hi DRF, interesting that you comment on my emotions and start banging on about Jon will always be our boy, and talk about loyalty as if he never left the Club. For me Llera is simply the better bet, particularly the danger he poses in the oppositions area. I am trying to forget our boy Jons air kick on the edge of our area, were you actually at the game ?

If you read the post I said you used emotion for one player and not the other, therefore I was deliberately promoting Fortune with emotion to balance to equation.

He left the club at the end of his contract so he hardly showed disloyalty. We moan at players (Tuna is a great example) for not repaying us with loyalty even when they are out of contract. I think this has to go two-ways. But then I am clearly at fault for being reasonable.

I was at the game Saturday so don't try and belittle my opinions with that tactic. My opinion is that Jon is the better player and I think he is more trusted by his teammates which is an important factor for defenders.

Disagree by all means, but don’t denigrate my opinion.
  • Options
    Changing the subject, what has Tuna done I haven't heard ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Granpa[/cite]Changing the subject, what has Tuna done I haven't heard ?
    Guessing he meant Jenkinson?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Granpa[/cite]Changing the subject, what has Tuna done I haven't heard ?

Last thing I heard he was between a rock and a hard plaice
  • Options
    Is that Tuna, or DRF ?
  • Options
    Sorry I did mean Jenkinson.

I suspect we'll be slagging off Tuna soon enough though....!
  • Options
    Jenkinson is a loss, but I note an awareness by the owners that they need to try and avoid losing good youngsters which are our future.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]Sorry I did mean Jenkinson.

I suspect we'll be slagging off Tuna soon enough though....!

Only if he's good enough to get some interest from another club.